Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madelaine_tb

Mimi's cuttings

madelaine
14 years ago

hi, I have started sending out cuttings. I expect to have mailed them all out by early this coming week. (that is to the people who have paid for postage)

I also need to rake leaves!!! EEEK!

Comments (30)

• genecolin
    14 years ago

I'll be watching the mail I'm anxious to get them rooted. Thanks for the heads up.

From the bayou,
    "gene"

• thisisme
    14 years ago

I don't recall ever receiving an address to send postage too.

• rich204
    14 years ago

Mimi,

would it be possible to get any cuttings?

Richard

• fatnsassytexan
    14 years ago

Hi Mimi, thanks for the heads up---will be watching the mailbox.
    Tim

• rafed
    14 years ago

Mimi,

My moms name is Madelaine ( buttering you up )( hope it works ).
    What cuttings are you selling or offering?

Rafed

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Thanks, Mimi!

Will watch the mail!

-Ann

• genecolin
    14 years ago

Mimi, Step one, I've received the cuttings. Step 2, I cleaned them and put them to chill for a while. Step 3 will be when I take them out of the fridge and put them in baggies in the mini greenhouse. Thank you and wish me luck. I will keep you updated on my progress.

From the bayou,
    "gene"

• madelaine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Gene, Thanks for letting me know. I really hope that they can take root in Houmas (hopefully on high ground!)

• madelaine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

to rafed
    follow the link to see my fig trees.

Here is a link that might be useful: my figs

• genecolin
    14 years ago

Mimi, If the Gulf of Mexico continues it's march northward, I'll one day be the owner of some beachfront property. And that ain't no joke. But for now they will be planted on high ground.

From the bayou,
    "gene"

• vito12831
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know you are sending the cuttings. I'm awaiting their arrival like an expectant father!

Ciao!

• vito12831
    14 years ago

Mimi,

I received my cuttings today. Thanks so much for the care that you took to package them. I appreciate your generosity. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Vito

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Mimi,

I got my cuttings today! Thank you very much!

-Ann

• fatnsassytexan
    14 years ago

Hi Mimi, received my cuttings yesterday. I'm calling them Nonnie's Purple and Mimi's green(at least until they can be truly identified). I'm pretty sure the green on is Desert King. Thank you for sharing. Tim

• madelaine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks guys for letting me know. The last three packets went out in the mail today!

• demondmh
    14 years ago

They arrived today. Thanks. I can't wait to try to root them. Hopefully they do well here in Florida.

Lisa

• madelaine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There are still about 5 people that said they wanted figs, but have not mailed me postage or given me their address; you still have time, I've only cut back 1/4 of the tree yet. On Saturday we hope to get the job done, so let me know...?

• rich204
    14 years ago

Mimi,

I mailed mine yesterday.I hope it gets there quickly, am so looking forward to your cuttings.

Richard

• pm920
    14 years ago

Hi Mimi
    Just gut my cuttings today, I labeled wrapped and put them in a ziplock bag. Waiting for them to root
    Thank You again
    Paul

• thisisme
    14 years ago

Mine arrived and are sitting in the fridge in zip-locks.

Thank you Mimi.

• figara
    14 years ago

I received my cuttings today. I am so excited to start rooting them.
    Thanks a lot Mimi.I appreciated.

Pat

• madelaine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you have not already written to me, it's best to assume that I have no more cuttings. Thanks; we cut A LOT of wood out of the trees last weekend; taking out dead stuff that has been there for years.

• thisisme
    14 years ago

madelaine I have not seen you on the forum in awhile. I hope you are alright.

Just wanted to let you know the cuttings you sent me are doing well. I can see just a tiny little bit of roots at the sides of a couple of the containers. I will post some pictures in a week or two when the roots are more obvious.

Thank you again THISISME

• jstall
    14 years ago

The cuttings Madelaine sent to me. They are doing well. The green fig grew very fast and I labeled it D. king, Mimi for now. The other one is the Nonnie's fig. Thank you for the cuttings Madelaine.

• xgrndpounder
    14 years ago

Lookin good J.A.

It's them Dairy Queen cups!

Cecil

• fatnsassytexan
    14 years ago

Those are sure looking good Joe, way ahead of mine which are just starting to show initials in baggies. Started them about 2 weeks ago. Tim

• genecolin
    14 years ago

I've got to agree with them Joe, they're looking great. Tim I also started mine about 10 days ago. I would have potted a couple today but I had to take an out of town trip on spiritual business. Tomorrow I will pot one green and one purple. I did meet a fig lover with whom I'll share some of my duplicate plants with.

• thisisme
    14 years ago

Nice looking growth there jstall.

I was one of the last to receive cuttings so mine are a bit behind yours.

• uno-felice
    12 years ago

Hi madeline,
    Posting picture of your nonna's fig cuttings 2009. I have 2 plants both are producing, first time this year. Thank you once again

• madelaine
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Felice, those are BEAUTIFUL!!! thank you so much for posting this picture. It means so much to me to know that my grandmother's fig tree lives on in your yard. :)