Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
briana_2006

Rare FIgs

briana_2006
9 years ago

Hello All -

I would like to add some of the more rare figs to my collection. Sals Corleone, Ronde de Bordeaux, Black Meidera (sp), etc

?'s:

1. Where is the best place to buy them? I haven't found many of them listed in nurseries...maybe I am not looking in the right place.

I did however find several at Durio Nursery such as a "Sals", White Marseilles: MARSEILLES [lemon / lattarula / white marseille / blanche], and ITALIAN BLACK. HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE ONES? IS THE SALS LISTED HERE THE SAME AS THE SALS CORLEONE THAT IS TALKED ABOUT SO FAVORABLY HERE ON THE FORUM?

2. If anyone would be interested in selling a rooted cutting from any pruning they may be doing on their own tree please let me know: briancol726@hotmail.com. If interested let me know the price for a small cutting (perhaps 2-4 inches long or whatever) including the price for your expertise in rooting the cutting. I have read it is possible to root cuttings but also that success is dependent in part on the variety and that some are harder than others to root. Since I don't have a lot of experience in rooting cuttings that is why I would like to buy one already rooted.

Thanks all for your time

Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks
Brian

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths