Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Figs drying up and falling off

Posted by dyoches Arizona (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 17:39

I have two brown Turkey fig trees about three years old. Last year my dog chewed them down to the grown. They have recovered and producing lots of figs that are drying up prior to becoming ripe and falling off. I'm watering morning and evenings due to high temps this summer. The leaves are dark green and appear tough for a fig leaf. Any idea as to what he tree needs?
Thanks For Your Help.... I need a fig fix! David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Figs drying up and falling off

That fig look healthy and well taken care.
If you have the tree from someone that has the mother tree fruitting good edible fruits,and you know it for a fact,then you are doing something wrong and the tree lack something.
If you bought the trees from some nursery,that get them from obscure large Wholesale places,my opinion is you are doing everything right but is the genes of the plants that are not good.
In other words you have plants grown from seeds that aether need pollination to ripe fruits or,they are male caprifig plants that produces fruits that are inedible and full of dry pollen inside.
You need to study the dry fruits and reach a conclusion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here