Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Ending

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 17:48

Have my smaller fig trees in shed protected from this nasty winds we been having that would damage the limbs knock them over etc.
The larger trees are fine and can handle the 40 to 60 mph gusts and are just about leafless as they endured frost of 34 and 28 and i was out today looking at them knocking off yellow leaves here and there and cutting some scion for auction .
I also moved some things in garage to make room so they actually fit in there with the 2 cars, 3 outboard motors, snow blower,freezer,recycle bin, gas cans, 2 door cabinet and various smaller items. Yes its a tight fit.
They will be going in garage in a few days. Most of the small first season ones will stay in shed until winds are fair come back out and eventually go in attic for the winter when its there time to do so.
This season was very good for my trees.
But it seemed to have went by so darn fast !
Martin
Ebay Id - Dieseler6z92

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Ending

You are 100 percent correct Martin, the season went too fast. But I must say it was a good season. My in ground Celeste produce it's first harvestable crop this year. We ate bunches of them fresh and put a few up to eat over winter. I got to taste Martins Unknown, Flanders, Mead, Marsielle Black VS, Strawberry, Osborn Proflic and even my own Richard's Uk (pretty sure it BT). I also got to taste, thanks to a friend, some Smith, Hunt, LSU Purple, and Strawberry. I also succeded in starting 46 different varieties that I hope to plant in the ground for further evaluation. The thing I missed most was the breba that fell off of my LSU (not). I will pay them more attention next year.

The best part of the season was all the nice on line friends I've made here and especially those I got to meet in person. I wish I could meet all of you. May everyone have a restful winter and may we all emerge in the spring with renew vigor just like our trees.
"gene"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here