Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ouch, My Credit Card

Posted by oregonwoodsmoke 5 OR Sunset 1A (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 19:45

I just purchased 10 bags of Turface and a 50 pound bag of fertilizer with trace minerals.

I am hoping to receive many fig cuttings in the spring and hope to coax them into becoming many fig trees that are going to need a place to live.

I found the turface and was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get it in the spring when I need it. So....... Charge!!!!!

My son got his card dinged too. The store had an all welded steel wheelbarrow with huge tires and great ground clearance. He picked up the handles and said, "Look, I can wheel it around without stooping down."

The cheesy little brackets that held the wheels on his standard wheelbarrow bent, then broke, this year from the weight of a load of concrete. That's not going to be a problem with this new model. Of course, he could have purchased 4 replacement cheapo wheelbarrows for what he paid for the steel one.

If I can get my cuttings to root, I've got the potting mix for them, and I can wheel that potting mix around in that new super douper wheelbarrow. So, all ready for spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ouch, My Credit Card

It's nice to make life easier !
For a while i was dragging, pushing etc 5, 10, 20, and 30 gallon pots from garage to driveway in early spring then back in garage at night to get a jump start on my fig trees, then to final i would move them to final spot in yard over grass and paver stone huffing and puffing. Sometimes neighbor would be out and i would adk to borrow there hand dolly, a while back neighbor gave me a good older hand truck with ball bearing wheels i painted it and its one of the little things that helps.
Oh them credit cards!
Just stay away from ebay cause there are some members now selling Scion wood..LOL
Martin
Ebay ID - Dieseler6z92

o
RE: Ouch, My Credit Card

I have a very good hand truck which can turn into dolly with 4 wheels it is a chrome which does not rust. Without this little tool I would not be able to do any gardening. When I take my potted plants into the Garage and from the garage to the Garden again I have a wheel barrel which hooks to my tractor. I will need Popeye muscles to carry 12 gallons pot with soil and plant to the garage and back to the gardens. So I am happy with the wheel barrel pulled behind my tractor. Just getting the pot in and out of the wheel barrel is a back-breaking job for me. I am not as strong as I used to be.
Abe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here