Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xnrgx

Help with my watering problem please

xnrgx
13 years ago

We bought a Mission fig aboyut 3 weeks ago, along with a VDB and a Peters honey. The VDB and Peters Honey seem to be doing fine, but the Mission fig is having major problems. It is about a 8 or 9 foot fig tree. We were watering it about every day. But the leaves started turning yellow. (Note: It had a huge wooden pole through the root ball when we got it, and I pulled it out, because I thought it would cause problems with the trunk when it started growing, I planted it with in a good hole with some river rock at the bottom, and soil the nursery recomended). Well, we thought that every day was over watering or perhaps some root stress, so we backed the wattering to about the 3rd day. Still yellow leaves that fall off. Now its been about 5 or 6 days and still leaves fall after turning yellow. They don't dry up, just yellow and drop. So, watering every day, every 3rd day, and not 5 or 6 days. No luck. The nursery said today I should be watering it every day. I thought I would ask here. Our other two are in pots and doing fine, the Mission is almost naked. We live in Tucson Arizona so it is not getting cold yet. The fig does still have some unripe green figs on it, about 10 or so. Should I worry, will it do fine in spring... Will the leaves fall off in Arizona? Just thought I would see if anyone could help. The Nursery said I should water every day till then leassen the watering in about a month. But we watered it for about a week everyday when it started dropping leaves... They are all soft and nice, even the yellow ones. Thanks for any help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths