Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Ripe Brown Turkey Fig

Posted by ayyubaddeen Jacksonville FL (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 4, 10 at 22:50

This is my first ripe fig from my Brown Turkey.(From earlier in the season this is a late post)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Ripe Brown Turkey Fig

I guess the obvious question is. "Did you like the taste?"

o

I have only tasted about three types of other figs before and honestly I dont see the fuss about brown turkey figs. It was mildly sweet less so than the others and a little watery but over all it tasted great. Also it is from a young tree about one year old.

o

I know what you mean. I have two Brown Turkey trees and I like the fruit. There are others I like better but the fruit is of good size. The taste is good and has a nice texture and the trees produce lots of fruit. I'm happy with mine.

The fruit on mine is not watery though. That would more likely be do to over watering or do to rain at the wrong time.

o

• Posted by mazway 7a Roanoke,VA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 18:02

A few weeks back, I had some slightly shriveled brown turkey figs off a local bush. They were like jam. I miss summer already.

o

I love the taste of my Brown Turkey. Italian is great too. Who said Chicago Hardy tastes bad I love it. I eat lots of Figs I am Figged up whatever it means. I hate winter. Nothing to plant except Parsley.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here