Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaves have fallen off my Celeste bush

Posted by kumquat1 N FL 9a (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 23:31

Now some new leaves are cropping out. What is up with that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaves have fallen off my Celeste bush

I live in Pensacola. I have four ten year old celeste trees in the ground. There is not a leaf on any except very few small green ones as you have. Happens every year at this time. Hurts nothing. They will make hundreds next year.

o

I just posted about this a couple days ago. The two largest fig trees in my neighborhood are doing the same thing...

One is white figs the other is Brown Turkey figs. Both trees are chock full of ripening figs.

Meanwhile, my 8-tree orchard's trees are thick with leaves and with plenty of ripening figs. Only two things I do different is that I add a quart or so of compost tea daily per tree, and have 4 inches of mulch. But whatever it is, the difference is startling.

o

Did the trees leaves get small brown spots on the before the leaves fell? Rust is pretty widespread in the humid south.

o

Compare the previously psted photo (no leaves) with the young tree in my own yard:

Some fruit, lots of healthy leaves. Not at all sure why my trees look so good while the much older trees around here lose leaves so early. Strange.

And yeah, my trees have mosaic virus, but they don't seem to care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here