Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
torontoborn

Introduction and Cuttings Available

torontoborn
13 years ago

Well, I have been reading for some time now, the posts in this forum, and I would like to thank all of you who contribute regularly to this forum. The information you provide is invaluable.

As you may see from my username, I am in Toronto Canada, and if there are any other Torontonians, please send me an email, and we can keep in touch.

I have about 8-10 Fig trees in my Greenhouse, that I purchased almost ten years ago. The sources are from major nurseries in the Toronto area, Grimo Nut, and relatives direct from Italy.

At this point, I can only identify 1, and I have attached the nursery label. (I will make attempts to identify the others next growing season, and offer up cuttings for trade as well)

I am eager to learn from all of you, and I would also like to expand my collection of fig trees.

If any of you are interested in trading cuttings, just send me an email, and we can arrange a swap. (they are not quite dormant yet, as it is planted inside a greenhouse, probably another 2-4 weeks)

This particular tree is about 12 feet tall, and I will have a considerable amount of cuttings available for trade.

Side Note: since I am new to this, if anyone is interested in cuttings, I have never prepared them before. I assume the following from what I read, and please correct me if I am wrong:

1) cutting length 12" or so

2) cutting width 1/2 to 3/4

3) bubble wrap envelope, with a moistened newspaper/paper towel

4) first class mail

I appreciate your feedback, and interest.

Thanks again to all.

Robert

Comments (4)