Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grant_n_georgia

fig tree cuttings for trade

grant_n_georgia
13 years ago

Hello all:

I am very new to figs, I have a couple fig trees but never gave them much thought beside pruning and picking a hand full as a snack when I would pass by. I have a bunch of land I would like to plant some with diffrent types of figs here in southeast ga. This will be a hobby thing for me and I will most likely just do two acres or less of fig trees.

I will be taking cuttings soon off of what I'm pretty sure is a type of brown turkey fig tree. The tree is atleast 50 years old, over 20 feet high and close to thirty feet across and lives on the back side of the stables. There were many 5 gallon buckets full of figs picked from the tree this year.

I'm looking to see if anyone would like to trade cuttings ( as soon as I take them, I will store them in the fridge after there cut). I would like any kind of fig I'm not picky, but it would be nice to know what they are.I'm looking to get a good mix of trees..

Anyone that would like to trade cuttings feel free to contact me.like I said before I have not taken any cuttings yet seeing we are still wearing short sleaves down here. As soon as the tree is dormant I will get to it.

I aslo posted this on the figs4fun site also.

Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions