Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fig tree cuttings for trade

Posted by grant_n_georgia (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 19, 10 at 8:46

Hello all:

I am very new to figs, I have a couple fig trees but never gave them much thought beside pruning and picking a hand full as a snack when I would pass by. I have a bunch of land I would like to plant some with diffrent types of figs here in southeast ga. This will be a hobby thing for me and I will most likely just do two acres or less of fig trees.
I will be taking cuttings soon off of what I'm pretty sure is a type of brown turkey fig tree. The tree is atleast 50 years old, over 20 feet high and close to thirty feet across and lives on the back side of the stables. There were many 5 gallon buckets full of figs picked from the tree this year.
I'm looking to see if anyone would like to trade cuttings ( as soon as I take them, I will store them in the fridge after there cut). I would like any kind of fig I'm not picky, but it would be nice to know what they are.I'm looking to get a good mix of trees..
Anyone that would like to trade cuttings feel free to contact me.like I said before I have not taken any cuttings yet seeing we are still wearing short sleaves down here. As soon as the tree is dormant I will get to it.
I aslo posted this on the figs4fun site also.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fig tree cuttings for trade

Grant, you need to activate your email on your profile so that people can contact you. Also there were offers on the last thread that you started about this, did you see that?

o
hmmm

Looks like you did. Good luck to you and happy fig growing!

o

Grant, i'm in Italy and I do know very well English languge.
I've possibility to have (and send) various type of Italian fig (cuttings or rooted, not only "american" varieties) but I think to do not do change of money, but only change of materials, Please send me a message (you can find my e-mail).

** I don't have only so strange late fig. (see my message for late fig here near)

o

I think I have my email up now.. williamsgsw@yahoo.com. .. if it didn't work.. yes I posted the other day about getting cuttings then I thought about to fig outback and I may do better offering to trade..

o

My neighbor down the road said she has a large LSU Gold fig tree that I could have some cuttings and take as many as I like to trade for other types of fig cuttings.....

,,,,,, LSU GOLD CUTTINGS AND CUTTINGS FROM A BIG 50 YEAR OLD BT FIG TREE... TO TRADE... THANKS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here