Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting swap

Posted by jackhva 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 10:12

Given the forecast winter is descending on us and my figs are now dropping their leaves. Anyone in the NVA or greater Wash DC area wishes to swap tree trimmings this winter let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting swap

Hi,

Do you know the type of your fig?
If not, what is the color of the skin and pulp of fig fruits?

fignewbies

o

Brown turkey/Texas Everbearer, Celeste, White Marseilles, Beer's Black, Green Greek, White Italian, Chicago hardy. Several unknowns from Italy. I'll have Celeste cuttings in some quantity given the size of the tree.

o

I would be interested in White Marseille, Green Greek and the several unknown from Italy.
I got (to swap)Peter's Honey, LSU Purple, Atreano, Desert King and some un-named varieties I got from my friends.

o

Hello
I am interested in several unknown from Italy, if they are dark varieties, I have some Italian Honey(few left) and unknown green skin with amber Pulp).
Mark

o

Mark, that unknown Italian variety interests me.
I was born in Italy and my father had grapes and in between he had other fruit trees and a lot of fig. I have been looking for a green fig he had: medium to large, hanging when ripe and a drop of honey at the eye. It means a lot to me.
Let me know wich of my varieties interests you.
Sal

o

The Italian Honey I still have 3 cuttings, the unknown I do not know if it is Italian, looking for dark Varieties from your Italian unknown. please PM in the other forum under LEBMARK
mark

o

Opps posted instead of pm, just sent it the right way now

This post was edited by fespo on Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 6:20

o

• Posted by oldvt none 5 (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 19:13

Hi, I am looking for 3 or 4 Norland cuttings ,Rex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here