Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Figs on tree in November... Zone 5

Posted by igor_sqa 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 19, 10 at 12:01

I have a few trees with small figs still on the trees that I am putting away into the garage for the winter.
Question: should I remove the figs before putting the trees away? Figs are about the size of 25c...

Also I took one into my sunroom about 3 weeks ago with hopes that the figs on that one would ripen... Well, three weeks later they are still not getting any softer.
Any advice? Should I keep it indoors or put it away for the winter? Same qustion as above if I were to put it away... what do I do with the figs on the tree?

Thanks,

Igor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Figs on tree in November... Zone 5

I do not believe anything good is going to come out if you leave the figs on the trees in Zone 5 inside the garage except most propably some mold on figs sooner or later. I always remove figs when storing plants for winter.

o
RE: Figs on tree in November... Zone 5

Thank you...
Any chance that the one in the sunroom will ripen?
Or should I put it away for the winter?

Igor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here