Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best grafting technique for figs

Posted by briana_2006 IL (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 23:52

Hello All -

Does anyone have an opinion on the best technique to use to graft a fig tree - saddle graft, whip and tongue graft, cleft graft, veneer graft etc? Which type of graft gives the best chance for success?

My understanding is the best time to graft the scion wood is in spring before bud break.

Thanks,
Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best grafting technique for figs

Brian you know more ways to graft than me I used tongue graft and budding graft both ways worked by luck. From my reading from a guy in Spain who says budding graft is the best way to graft figs. I have a fig tree which I was planning to graft because the tree is a failure to ripen its fruit in summer but the tree made me feel ashamed and surprised me with 15 breba figs of large size juicy and sweet. I stored my graft knife away.
Abe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here