Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blackthumbed1

Requesting cheap rooted cuttings

blackthumbed1
9 years ago

Does anyone have inexpensive ROOTED cuttings available?

This post was edited by blackthumbed1 on Sat, Dec 6, 14 at 21:19

Comments (11)

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    9 years ago

What are you asking? You just registered today and now wanting something for cheap. Are you wanting cuttings that someone has already taken the time and expense of rooting them to send to you? Are you wanting established young plants? Where are you located?

• blackthumbed1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, dirtguy50, that's exactly what I'm asking. Some people join because they need something. Some belong because they have something to offer. And then there are others who see things through their own lens, and say "this guy's an opportunist". Last year I bought 30 unrooted cuttings & followed the advice of the most popular youtube videos. None of the cuttings rooted; that's why (among other disasters) I decided on the user name blackthumbed1. I tried spending (for me at least) a good deal of cash to grow figs. I WANT to grow them, but can't afford much. If you have a problem with that, it says more about you than about me.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    9 years ago

I'll be happy to send a tiny rooted Italian Everbearing or two once mine starts leafing out in spring. Last year I had what I thought were winter-killed prunings off it that rooted in the mulch! This year I plan on cutting and rooting like that accident this past spring, same timing and everything :) Unless the winter is harsher than last year, but let's all hope not!

I'd need postage through Paypal, though. Post back here if you email me, because GW mail hates me.

I'm looking for cuttings to have more than that one variety myself. I prefer to pay postage than arrange trades in case my cuttings don't work out from the winter, etc.

• JesseSt
    9 years ago

Your location and cultivation plan(in-ground vs. container) would be helpful to folks deciding if figs they have would be appropriate for your situation. I may have some extra rooted cuttings for you come springtime, just want to be sure they'd work for you.

• figs_180
    9 years ago

i need some cuttings too i only have bt

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    9 years ago

blackthumbed1, I wasn't trying to offend you. You didn't give any information in your first post, which is typical of a troll post. I appreciate you giving us the additional information and that makes everything different. Rooted cutting this time of year in zone 6 would mean you have must have the setup to overwinter indoors using a lighting, humidity, and heating setup, which you may have. You didn't specify that. Also, throwing insults is probably not a good way to start off a response when you are wanting something cheap. Wishing you the best. If I can get some starts growing by spring, I would be happy to send you some for postage.

• blackthumbed1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dirtguy50. OK, let's call by-gones by-gones.

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    9 years ago

I am good with that. I am new to figs so any help you can throw out there I will listen to. Thanks.

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    9 years ago

I may adopt dirtguy50blackthumb. lol

• figs_180
    9 years ago

if u ask for something for chep doesnt make u a troll i would want something cheap too lol

• xcaliber
    9 years ago

Fig newbie or cheap started cuttings are not the issues here. Courtesy and consideration for all the wise people on this site is important. Both go a long way in getting a satisfactory result. Just sayin' ...