Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Marseilles fig

Posted by token28001 zone7b NC (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 31, 09 at 22:17

I'm looking for cuttings of this fig. I had some last year but lost them all to rot and mold. I've gotten a lot better using some of the methods I've read about here to root these cuttings. I don't have any named figs to trade, but I do have other things like rooted brugmansias, pineapple sage, cotoneaster, Miss Huff lantana, and plenty of seeds for perennials, annuals, and veggies. My rooted cuttings are of varying sizes which can be discussed based on your wants. As a last resort, I would send postage for some cuttings if anyone has some. I prefer to trade, just because I like to be fair.

My current fig is most likely brown turkey. I've got cuttings from a purported Black Mission to root this winter.

Here's the unknown (Brown Turkey) cutting I rooted this past spring. Photo taken in late October. No figs this year, I planted it out late and it didn't get going until August. But it did grow to over 5' tall in those few months.

Thanks. Please email me if you're interested in a trade or have this variety.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Marseilles fig

• Posted by ejp3 7NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 21:18

Token, I have a pretty good strain of Marseilles and will send out some cuttings no problem. Send me an e-mail.

o

Thanks! You have email.

Tom

o

need cuttings cheep please.thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here