Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtygardener73

Asking for Help

dirtygardener73
12 years ago

I'm going to homeless soon, because I'm being evicted from this apartment. After my broken wrist upon moving here to Gainesville, I lost my good-paying job and haven't been able to catch up with the writing jobs I can find. No regular jobs here. The students get them all.

I will be kicked out in about 2 weeks, and I have no place to go yet. I have tried selling my plants, but no takers, and I can't just leave them here. There are some large hanging plants, a couple of large potted plants, and a few small ones. Most of them are tropicals, so have to be protected from cold.

As you know, my cat just came home, and now I have no place for her to go either. She has never been around dogs, and everyone who has offered to foster her has dogs. She's very skittish, so I'm afraid to put her around dogs, plus she's been traumatized so much, I need her to go to a place where I can come visit her so she knows I haven't abandoned her. I can pay for food and litter, as she has to have special food due to urinary tract problems.

I hate to be begging, but I really have no choice. Last year was the worst year of my life, and this one isn't turning out to be much better, in fact, worse. I've never been homeless, and right now, I have just enough money to put my things in storage so I don't lose everything, then if I can't get into a shelter, I'll be out in the streets in the cold. I've sold a lot of stuff and have more to sell on Craigslist. If I can come up with $80 extra, my friend from Venice will come get me and take me back, but her truck guzzles gas.

I hate begging for help, but I really have no choice now. I'm not a lazy person. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs. I'm just one of the people hit very hard by this economy. My sons have helped me all they can. One of them lost his job and the other one is in college working part time, so they can no longer help. I have no other family, and most of my friends are tapped out too, although a couple have helped me by paying me to do things for them.

If you know of anyone here in or around Gainesville who can help me, please email me at dsa2591 at gmail. Thank you. Deborah

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia