Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
billy_kain

Question for Florida folk

billy_kain
14 years ago

Hello,

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever asked on any forum, but I figure I have nothing to lose by trying.

I am interested in Schlumbergera (Christman cactus), and would like to obtain some of the species. I have been told that there are people in Florida who have them, but they do not have an online presence. I have asked a couple of people from this forum, and one or two Florida gardening societies, but they were unable to suggest a source.

At the risk of pretending that I actually know something, I want the true species. Most schlums in the stores are called S. truncata, but they are not really the truncata specie. Almost all will have some other specie in their pedigree.

I believe the person most likely to have what I am interested in, will be older (like me), and probably not even own a computer (like I sometimes wish I didn't). I would probably have to communicate with them by phone or mail. It is also possible that there are some small local nurseries that may carry these cacti. I can't see me ever going to Florida, and I don't know how to get in touch with folks there.

I am very aware that posting this makes me look like a fool. I don't care. If you know someone that can help me, please let me know. I was going to post this on the forum, but put it in conversations instead. Would I be more likely to get help by posting it somewhere else?

Thanks for reading,

John

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County