Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmarion_gw

Gardeners are just the nicest people

msmarion
16 years ago

I wanted you to know that our own Wanda is just that.

Thru email she offered me some orange cosmos and double blue pea vine seeds. Well, she stopped by the other day with seeds and a vase full of the cutest orange cosmos. They sure did brighten my day and my desk. Sadly they have passed, but I will dry them to save the seeds.

Thanks again Wanda!

Comments (15)

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Marion,
    I agree with you about gardners being great people.
    Your very welcome, love to spread what I have and that isn't much.

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

Wow I planted cosmos and they are crazy.They seed all over and the Bflies adore them!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

I really love the orange flowers. My first plants look like they are about done but new ones are coming up and I still have more seeds that I had saved.

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

Way neat that Wanda shared! Do you plant the cosmos from seed? and, what time of year can you plant them?

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

I just pull them off when they look like a spiky star and toss em where I want them to grow. No digging no covering.EASY BUTTON!
    I do this continuously so they are always new ones coming and old ones going.I had some HUGE ones anout 5 ft tall.I couldn't deal with those so I got rid of them and their seed and opted for the milder mannered ones.
    {{gwi:751979}}

• wanda662
    16 years ago

I love that picture Goldenpond! Do you have any other colors if the cosmos?
    Beth you can sow the seeds anytime. Don't you think they would be perfect in a cottage garden?

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

oh gosh. I want that garden (and baby!) GP!!! so, cosmos seeds are on my list for L's this weekend!!! beeautiful!
    Think I'll toss some in my butterfly garden!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Beth, if you can't find them let me know and I'll send you some.

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

I also have yellows and whites that are no where as vigorous.Also got pink but was told they are hybrids so don't bother to try to reseed.
    There is a yellow in here
    {{gwi:751981}}
    {{gwi:751983}}

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

Nice pictures!
    Goldenpond, what is the plant in the last picture, in the right corner?
    Thank you
    Olya

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

It is a delphinium. You usually see them as blue. I grow them as annuals they just don;t seem to come back. Maybe too hot?
    {{gwi:751986}}

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

Ahhh, that is what I thought. Beautiful flowers, but too hot for them here
    When I lived in Russia, I saw some gorgeous delphiniums growing without any care in people's yards, of all heights and lots of different colors. Striking plant
    Olya

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

Olya,
    My grandparents came from Russia also!My Bobba and her yard was got me interested in gardening! Yum I can smell her borscht now!

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

That is cool, goldenpond!
    I make pretty good borscht ;-)

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

With pumpernickel bread to sop it up!
    I remember when we were little she went to the store to buy us cereal and came back with a box of Bugles! we kids giggled as she poured them in the bowl but had to think fast when she wanted to pour on milk! we quickly told her we didnt like our cereal with milk! Another time when I was sick she made me a concoction of chicken soup,honey and whiskey! Never complained about being sick again!