Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Hellooooo Stranger.........

cindeea
17 years ago

Sorry I have been out of touch with most everyone recently. I have a dead garden this year, and decided I am not going to worry about it. Many of you have been emailing me about my update on my legs. Well, my legs aren't the cause of the problem, it's my hips. It has been decided that I need 2 total hip replacements. We start with the worst one, the right hip, which is making my right leg nearly an inch shorter than my left. My first scheduled surgery is Feb. 21st. Kristi, they wanted to do it Feb. 14th...I said no way on Sweet Hearts day and not be in the hospital for yours and my birthdays!! lol I'll try to keep you guys posted. (SH**T*****I am not excited about this at all....can you tell?)

Comments (21)

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Oh Cindeea, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But I'm glad they figured out what to do to help you. I've handled workers comp claims for many years and know that hip replacement surgery is a true miracle of modern science and will make life so much better for you. As a member of the February Birthday Club (2/12) I promise to be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!
    Kate

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kate......what a sweetheart you are! But then, I've always believed only really, really GOOD people can be born in February! (OK really good people can be born in other months too- lol) Thanks m'dear.

• coffeemom
    17 years ago

(singing way off key)...You put your right hip in, you put your right hip out, you put your right hip in and shake it all about! Soon you will be doing the hockey-pokey even better than the elf!
    That's what it's all about.
    But seriously folks, if you need company on the 21st to hold your hand, make you laugh and possibly steal your meds(just kidding)email me and I will carpe keys.
    We're here for you Cindee. Make sure they give you the good drugs.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

(((((((((((((KRISTI)))))))))))))) Come take me away, you are sooooo much better therapy than Calgon! I'll save ya some of these disgusting iron pills I gotta take. They go good with Captain Morgan! call me

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

Cindee, i also could steal away on the 21st and make a trip down to hold your hand. You know how us Carpe Keys Ckub Members are. Kristi could attack from the east and I could attack from the north. Hey, Lristi, how about some salsa and chips to munch on while Cindee can not eat and maybe a nice killians Red? *LMAO* Seriously, I can come. Just let your buds know and the members will make arrangements to be there.

*Joining Kristi* You put your right hip in, you take you right hip out, you put your right hip in and wiggle it all about* Hey stop there Cindee, you are making the doctors sweaty *wink* You will not regret the surgey once it is over and you can run around once again. Hip surgery heals a lot faster than knees. Love you *hugs* Linda

• katkin_gw
    17 years ago

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers,as well. A friend just had it done last year and this alls she can say is why did I wait so long. She is like a whole new person.

• coffeemom
    17 years ago

If they do both hips, do you get a brand new booty?

(people who don't know me are so gonna boot me off this forum.)

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Yea!! You finally have a date. Cindee just remember that a journey of 1000 miles starts with the first mile. You are gonna be fine...you have faith, faith in the Doc's, Dennis and us. You are going to have so much fun after it's done. Hugs my friend. Talk with you soon!

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    17 years ago

Cindee,
    I wish you good luck with your surgery. We will all be thinking of you next month and know that you will be back in your gardens soon. Your plants will be waiting for you with new growth and beautiful flowers.
    Linda Leaf

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

Cindee, how about we have a plant swap the day of your surgery at the hospital while we wait on news of your recovery. We could all bring a plant for you and lots of food and beer and salsa. hey, wait a minute, I want Cindee to be awake and able to share also. Guess we wll have to postpone the swap. Just trying to keep your spirits high while we count the days. Linda

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You guys are AWESOME! Ahem, Kristi...my 'booty' is JUST fine...just ask Dennis!! lol I say ya all caravan over to cheer me up after the surgery and I am recuping and dying of boredom. Of course, I have my "Hippopotamus I got for Christmas" to take with me, and a new book I am saving from my Hippo donor...but I hate hospitals. No beer and cigs for 5 days may just do me in too! God bless ya all for your cheer and support. The friends I have made here are the BEST!!!!!!!!!

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I think we could smuggle in a beer or two for you. There's a lot you can hide in a potted plant!

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

Yes, Kate, we could bring her several bambpps and have some of them hollow and sticking into beer cans or some reeds----hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

Make that several bamboo -----been slurping margaritas tonight and it affected my fingers

• nebancsvirag
    17 years ago

Hello Cindeea!
    Sorry about the pain in your hipps,
    but i can tell you,
    you will be a brand new personality-without the pain you must be enduring.
    It will be a little bit trying for a short time,
    but you are one tough lady,
    and you will be up and swinging before you know it.
    By the way gardens never die, they just fade a little.
    A bit of rain and a bit of sunshine, and it will be lush and blooming like before.
    Hang in there,
    Keep a smile on your face,
    and a Song in your heart.
    I will keep you in my thoughts,and send hugs.
    Irene

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Irene-I love you....will you adopt me?? So good to hear from you my friend.

We started painting our greatroom, dining and kitchen areas this weekend. Yesterday I was a real sad-sack 'cause Dennis would not let me do anything. I just sat out of the way watching for 12 hours. He wore himself out from 7 am to 7pm. Today he began again and I begged to just let me cut in windows and dorways, I wanted to be helpful. Well, tonight I am bushed and sore but happy he let me help. New hips, I need a masseuse FAST!

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

Oh, I'm so glad that they have an answer for your pain. I can't wait to see what you are going to do, once you get your legs back under you.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

((((amber))) hugs babe. Maybe now we will be able to syncronize our "Happy Gardening Dances" together! How are you feeling? I hope much better.

• Nicki
    17 years ago

Oh no! Cindee, I'm gone for months and you fall apart on me? What the heck? I can't leave you alone for a minute, and you're off getting hip replacement surgery...

Oh Dear, I sure hope this goes well for you, and you recover quickly. You've always had such a bright and cheerful way about you. I hope this takes care of your pain so you can get back to all the fun stuff.

Nicki

• carmiewest
    17 years ago

Hi Cindee,

If I were closer I would come to your house to do some weeding or something. I might be able to go in a couple of months and I will definitely stop by to say hello. Keep us posted.

Carmen

• cindeea
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for your greetings, Carmen you are too sweet! Help is on the way as I am ticking down the next 20 days (who is counting???) till surgery. Dennis has been helping a guy out at work who does their golf course irrigation. He is going to put in a system for us FREE. At least when I am back on the mends and able to do some planting, I won't have to schlep hoses. My dear Kristi coffeemom is coming over so we can celebrate our birthdays just a few days before I 'go under'. I am really looking forward to our "What happesn with the Birthday Girlfriends, Stays with the Birthday Girlfrends" lunch.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County