Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_sword

Please pray for Cindeea & Dennis

Dennis is having a serious heath issue right now. I really can't explain what's happening but, please keep Dennis and Cindee in your prayers. Please call Cindee during the day because Cindee doesn't want Dennis to see her emotional.

Cindee is considering postponing her hip surgery until the later date.

Jan

Comments (42)

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

Oh Jan, I will keep them cherished in my thoughts. They are such beautiful people and such a romantic couple, I can't stand the idea of either one of them having trouble.

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Good thoughts and prayers for Cindee and Dennis during this stressful time.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

I will be sending good thought their way.

• wanda662
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about Dennis's having problems.
    They both have my prayers and good vibes sent their way!

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Oh no, I am so sad to hear this. I'll pray for them both.

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

I'm also saddened to hear this news. Even though I've never met either of them, Cindeea is such a positive person that her vibes spread cheer whenever I read her posts. I will keep she and Dennis in my prayers also.

FlowerLady

• sillybugs
    16 years ago

(((sending hugs))))

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

I keep them both in my thoughts and hope all turns out well.
    Keep us posted

Evelyn

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

Adding my love and prayers.

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting. Keeping them in my prayers.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've heard from barbcoleus Cindee is going ahead with her Hip surgery as scheduled while she has insurance.
    Jan

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. I'm glad Cindee is going ahead with the surgery; I'm certain that's the right choice. I'll keep them both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kate

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hello all you beautiful people! Thank you so much for all your concern, love and prayers. We are currently taking it day-by-day. On Tuesday, I go for my pre-surgery appt. with the surgeon and the hosp. for my pre admittance. On Wednesday, we go to get bone scans and some other scans to determine if Dennis's ^X%()*x^^@*(! cancer has moved to other parts of Dennis's body. It is a huge shock to all of us. But we are hanging in there. Gratefully, Dennis's daughter in flying in Wed. night with our 5 1/2 yr old grandaughter for support and cheer. Christiana will certainly put smiles on our faces, and lighten our load. Then on Friday, we return to Dennis's Urologist to learn about the scans and the plan of attack against the BEAST.

We both kept busy this weekend. Dennis, with his wood working as he creates these beautiful end tables and coffee table for the living room. With the beautiful weather, I puttered around the garden, mostly. I have been continuing with my amaryllis breeding as new plants are begining to bloom, I have radishes and tomatoes coming in strong, too. I am so thankful we have projects to keep us occupied, otherwise, I think we would go crazy. Again, thank you all so much for your emails, phone calls and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. God bless you, my friends.

• countrynest
    16 years ago

I just found out,since I do not visit the conversation forum
    often. I'm joining everyone else in prayers for you Cindee and
    Dennis.God bless you!
    Felix

• annafl
    16 years ago

Cindee, I am so sorry to hear of Dennis's diagnosis. Cancer is such an ugly, scary word. However, it is not a death sentence. As you probably know, a number of us GWebbers are cancer survivors and have experienced what you are going through, either personally, or with a family member. It is terrifying, but treatments have gotten so good, that most of us do survive it and come to experience a new, fresher way of looking at life.

Trust in the Lord and He will lighten your load and hold on to your pain. I will join the others in praying for you and Dennis. Soon you will be past this and moving on with the rest of your lives.

Anna

• happy_girl
    16 years ago

Cindee, both you and Dennis are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Miracles happen every day. I pray that his doctors can halt the cancer & your hip surgery is as successful as the first. Just hang in there & know you are loved.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm here, lurking and so appreciative of all your amazing love. Tomorrow is a big day. Dennis and I go for his scans. His daughter Dawn and Christiana the MAGNIFICIENT 5 yr old will (hopefully) get in tomorrow evening-they have horrid snow and weather in Chicago...then we wait for the results on Friday. I am feeling good and positive. God won't let me or Dennis down. I am too NICE and Dennis is a SAINT!!!

It may be awhile till I post again or answer email, but know that I feel all your prayers and concerns. They are keeping me steadfast. I am done being mad at God. He is testing me, again. The power of prayer, especially in numbers, can move mountains so please don't stop. God bless you all. I will be feeling you all holding my hands in the next few days. Be well and happy!

• solstice98
    16 years ago

(((((Cindee and Dennis)))))

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Cindee and Dennis know that we are all here hanging on tight waiting for good results.
    Luv you guys!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

(((((Hugs to you both))))!

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

I'm worried, if anyone has any new news, please post it.

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

I talked to Cindee yesterday. She is so "drained" but was able to talk a bit. Dennis had a bone scan which came back negative! Yea! He is going in for surgery March 10th. Daughter will be returning next Monday. Cindee will put her surgical procedure on-hold until Dennis is in the clear. Let's pray that he the surgical procedure goes well and that they are able to save the bladder and ureter (tube from kidney to bladder). The other good news is otherwise he is very healthy! Good vibes, thoughts and prayers should be pouring your way Cindee and Dennis!
    Love you both!
    Kat

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update, Kat.

Cindee and Dennis: sending you best best best thoughts and warm hugs.

Kate

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update Kat!

Positive thoughts on the way to Dennis and Cindee!

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Cindee,

You and Dennis are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes.

Lots of love,
    Carmen

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

Oh good news! Thanks for the update. My thoughts are with them, always.

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Kat, thanks for the update. Keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

• laura1
    16 years ago

I seldom visit the conversation forum...
    Prayers for Cindee and Dennis.
    Keep us posted.
    Laura

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hi, my friends. I thought I would drop by tonight and soak up some of those prayers and good vibes you are all sending our way. We go to the oncologist tomorrow to learn about recommended treatments after surgery. Dennis's surgery is Tuesday the 11th.

I don't know what else to say, but THANK YOU for holding us in your hearts and thoughts. It's kind of tough to think about anything else right now. We are just trying to get through each day, one at a time. God bless you all!

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Keep us posted, please. You and Dennis are in our prayers.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thank you all. Here's some words for thought. Remember, LIFE is what you make it! So make it GOOD!

"Some people measure their lives in pulse rates and situps.
    Far better to measure yours in licks of ice cream,
    well told jokes, mad dashes to be first in the water,
    belly laughs.
    Then, when you die, it won't be from
    an erratic shift in your heart rate.
    It will be an overdose of mirth, fun poisoning,
    death by laughter."

God bless.

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Thank You Cindeea for keeping us updated. I've got my fingers crossed and say a prayer everyday for you and Dennis!
    (((Hugs to you both)))

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Here is today's update!!! Straight off the press!!

Marion, sweetheart, please know, and extend to all my other friends out there in gardenweb land, their prayers are making a difference. Today's oncologist appointment was so tense for us...waiting and waiting. The Oncologist's plan of attack is straight forward, sounding much less painless and less debilitating than we both envisioned. He gave us so much hope and promise with his assessment that for the first time in weeks, we were actually chuckling with him and breathing easier. He has our total confidence. And we are praying his plan will work and Dennis's treatments after surgery may allow him to get back to a normal life and work while still getting Chemo and radiation and, Oh crap, I am just so much more relieved as is the love of my life, Dennis! Now, we face surgery on Tuesday to get rid of the evil within, and move forward. Today was a GOOD DAY! God bless.

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

That's the best news I've heard in a week. But I'll still keep praying. :o)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Excellent news!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wonderful news!!!

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Cindee, you and Dennis have been in my prayers daily and in the prayers of many of my friends around the world. You both have been uplifted to God and placed in the care of the angels. I am so glad to hear that the news you both received was so positive and I know that you both can breath a little easier now. I will continue to pray that God hold of you in the palm of his hand and hold you close to his heart. Remember that all things are possible through God. *hug* Linda

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

((((Cindee & Dennis)))) May you both feel the love and healing strength of God flowing through and all around you continuously.

FlowerLady

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

That is great news Cindee. We're all still praying that all goes well.

Barb

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Cindee and Dennis I've got my fingers crossed today's surgery goes well.
    M

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Me too! Hope you have good news when you can post!!
    Thought of Dennis and you all day!

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Cindee I'm hoping and praying that all goes well today. Keep us posted.
    Barb

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!