Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygardener_gw

Wish me luck!

butterflygardener
15 years ago

Hi all, I have been so busy lately that I haven't posted in ages. Lurked a few times though. In a couple hours I am having foot surgery to correct the injury I had several years ago. After trying all the appropriate conservative methods I have finally caved in to face the inevitable. This is going to keep me out of the garden for the next 3 months! Marcia, any suggestions on how to keep my sanity?

I know you will all send good thoughts my way so I am thanking you in advance, sending good thoughts right back.

I probably won't make it to the Swap-A-Que, whaaaaaaa!

It is hard getting around a garden with a walker -- don'tcha know? Ha ha.

Comments (12)

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Best of luck with the surgery! I'm sure you'll be glad you did it when it's all over and healed up. Keep us informed so we know how you're doing.

Big hug,
    Kate

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

I left a message on your cell. Sending healing prayers your way. Don't worry about the garden. The orchids will be just fine. ((((((hugs))))))
    Kristi

• wanda662
    15 years ago

Sorry to hear your going to be laid up for awhile! But just think, you'll be able too walk without pain.
    If you need anything let me know, we'll be thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hugs

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Hope all goes well with your surgery and that the healing is swift. Just don't try to do too much too soon afterwards.

FlowerLady

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Good luck with the surgery....I'm sure everything will work out fine. And you can too come to the swap....bring a chair and we'll cater to your every whim :-)

• butterflygardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes. Surgery went well, had to do it under general so throat is a bit sore still. The Doc said the bone was huge=huge=HUGE! I knew it had to be just by the look of my ankle. I will be looking forward to walking better. He did say I can get in the pool in about 3 weeks. Got to get it warm now. I won't feels so "caged in then". Think I will wait about 6 months before I have him do the left foot. Sorry for the rambling the meds are working well!
    luv to you all,
    Kat

• natives_and_veggies
    15 years ago

Kat,

Glad it went well. And enjoy those meds!
    Susannah

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Good luck Kat! Just holler if you'd like the Stuart contigency to come help. (Really, truly mean that!)

Speedy recovery to you,
    m

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Glad everything went well with the surgery.

• carmiewest
    15 years ago

Hi Kat,

How are you doing? How is your foot? I hope it is healing well. Please let me know if you want me to come and help you. I can go when my kids are in school. I will gladly do some maintenance in your garden.

Love,
    Carmen

• butterflygardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey guys! Hobble hobble hobble no hop~~~hop~~~hop here!Getting around with the walker and cane --- jest don't git in my way! LOL! I should say don't get behind me unless you have a lot of time!

The pain is getting better, I got the staples out one incision and will get the sutures out the other next Thursday. I sat outside with my neighbor last evening and enjoyed the birds serenading as the sunset. The hummingbird watched us from her perch in the mango tree. And life feels good! The amaryllis are all blooming like crazy, I hadn't realized how many different colors I have. Can't wait to walk around the yard there is so much "growing" on out there.
    Happy Easter all! And do hop once for me!!!
    Kat

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Kat if there is anything I can do to help let me know ok. If you need a ride somewhere,or help at home or just some company give me a shout. I'm just around the corner from ya, and home all day myself.

Regina