Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygardener_gw

Update on Dennis!!!

butterflygardener
16 years ago

Awesome news on Dennis! Got a call just now! Saved the bladder, ureter and kidney! No bleeding, he is stable, awake and asking for water! Everything went well ~ best case scenario! Cindee is on her way home to get some well deserved rest, dinner and a beer! LOL!

Let's continue to hold them in our thoughts and prayers!

Blessings!

Kat

Comments (36)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Amazing news! Thanks for sharing it with us, Kat.

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

So happy to hear this!! I have been thinking of Dennis and Cindee all day and I could not wait to hear the outcome of the surgery. Thanks Kat.

Lots of love and prayers are coming their way.

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

ohhhh WHHHEWWW !!! awesome news!! WoooHOOOOOOO!!

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

very VERY Good !

• msmarion
    16 years ago

I can breath now. Thanks Kat.

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

Excellent report!
    Yeaaa!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Thank you, MsMarion, for taking the time to post this on the Hippeastrum Forum... we're all worried about Cindee and Dennis, over there...

This is good news... although, we'll continue to pray for them... I have complete faith that God is always listening...

Thanks again...

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

Great news!!! thanks for posting.
    Jan

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting Kat. Cindee sounded VERY relieved when I spoke to her---of course she would.

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Oh I am so HAPPY for them!!!

• sillybugs
    16 years ago

great news!!!!!!

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Thank you, God, for such good news. You are awesome and if anyone deserved the best it is Cindee and Dennis. Thank you. Linda

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Fantastic!!

Thanks Kat!

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Kat ~ That is wonderful news. Thanks for the update. I was praying and wondering how things were going yesterday.

FlowerLady

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Thats Great news....I've been thinking about them.

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Good news is very welcome !Is good to pray for each other and give and receive support to each other. Like we all already know,We have a great community of gardeners here on GW.
    We love you and Dennis,Cindee!
    Felix

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! Dennis continues to improve, it's a slow process, and I know he doesn't think it is going as good as it is. The docs are all pleased with his progress. Your prayers are amazing. I KNOW they are working. He seemed sad today. His grandson and daughter went home this morning and I think he really was blue about them being gone. They have been getting him out of bed and sitting up in a recliner since last evening. He spent most of the day sitting up and that is helping his circulation tremendously. I can't thank you enough for all your support. You are like my GARDENING Angels! Love to you all.

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Good news is always great to hear!

Thanks for the update!

I wonder if Cindy dropped a list of things for Dennis to build yet?

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

Gardening Angels. HeeHeeHee.
    We are praying!
    Keep your boy happy Cindeea!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Cindeea, would a block of wood and a whittlen knife take his mind off his aches and pains? Or how about a carpenters book of things to make later on.
    You just tell Dennis we are all wishing him a speedy recovery!
    (((Hugs to you both)))

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

This is great news. I am very happy to hear all went so well. I'll still keeping praying.

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

Cindee, I'm so glad for the truly good news and to help I'm sending Dennis a subscription to "Carpenter Girls gone Wild" Bad a** broads with nail guns!

• solstice98
    16 years ago

We're keeping the prayers and good thoughts flowing towards you both. And don't worry about the short bursts of depression because it's very common after surgery and during long recovery times. It will come and go.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself too!!! He'll need you to be strong so get some rest, eat some chocolate cake and take a walk through your garden.
    Hugs,
    Kate

• cindeea
    16 years ago

You guys!! Thanks again. Doc said today, maybe this weekend he can come home!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Kate, Dennis ate chocolate...chocolate cake tonight!! His first solid food since they sent him on a fast before surgery. He has had no solid food since last Saturday!

Kristi, you made me LAUGH OUT LOUD for the first time in what seems like a million years. I am guessing Dennis would love a magazing with "NAILING Girls"!

Thank you all. I am exhausted and off to bed again....hopefully this night I will sleep. Love to you all, God bless.

• msmarion
    16 years ago

He's a man after my own heart. Cindee it's great to hear that Dennis is on the mend. I don't want to rush he but how long is the recovery time?

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Kristi, you crack me up!

I sure hope Dennis is able to come home today(Sat),he'll feel so much better at home. And I know you'll be happy to have him home. :o)

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Dennis came home today. I will sleep on the dual recliner sofa next to him and get the best nights rest I have had in a very long month. Thank yyou all for your prayers! Good night and God bless

zZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

• butterflygardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That is great news! Hope you both get some well deserved rest! Night~night sleep~tight!
    Kat

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Great news Cindee! I hope you both go a good nights rest. Keep us updated.

• annafl
    16 years ago

Thank-you, Lord for giving Dennis back to Cindee. Help him heal quickly and well, cured, and getting back to life as usual. Cindee, I am still praying for both of you and am thrilled to hear the great news. Keep his spirits up.

Anna

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Great news Cindee ~ Glad to hear Dennis is home. He will heal much faster and better in his own surroundings.

FlowerLady

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Cindee,
    It's been great to see you posting on the forum this week! We can tell that you are feeling better and happier. What's the update on Dennis? Is he feeling good to be home?
    Kate

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thanks for asking Kate. He has been really sore this week. It is depressing him somewhat. But the doctor tells us this is all normal, He just had some REALLY SERIOUS surgery and healing will take time. Plus, he is so bored! Sleeping has been a challenge so he is back to the recliner sofa for now. Laying down is still too painful. The Doc was pleased with his checkup on Friday. Monday we go for another dye scan to insure his bladder has healed and there is no leakage. Then if all is good, the catheter and staples will come out on Tuesday. He is dreading Wed. His first Chemo session. But I will be with him all the way. The doctors are all very positive and think he is doing fntastic in such a short time, even though Dennis doesn't feel he is. Thanks again for asking and caring!

• solstice98
    16 years ago

I went through a similar process with a good friend (next door neighbor and best gardening buddy) and knew that depression was a big part of it, so I was wondering. It's a huge relief for you to have him home, but then it's hard to watch him not feeling as happy as you want him to be, right?

The chemo may be tough (OK, it probably will be tough) but another friend dealt with it by visualizing a battle going on in his body between the cancer cells - which he always pictured as Blue Meanies - and his favorite Super Hero characters! He knew "some stuff would get tossed around and some stuff would get blown up", but in the end the Super Heroes would win! I loved that! And it really helped him. It also gave all of his family and friends a way to talk to him about the cancer and the treatments, and that seemed like a good thing too.
    Don't forget: we're thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.
    Hugs,
    Kate

• msmarion
    16 years ago

I have a friend going thru chemo for lung cancer. This is the second round. He says it's not bad. They give him something first for the side effects and then the chemo. He's been riding his bicycle every day. This week he's off chemo so he and his wife are coming over to visit.

Cindee I hope it's an easy road for Dennis. Don't forget to take care of you as well.
    Luv ya
    Marion

• cindeea
    16 years ago

You guys are so helpful by being here to talk to and just listening. Your support is awesome. Last night was much better for Dennis. He was actually able to lay down in the spare bedroom, where the bed is lower, and actually get comfortable without much pain. I couldn't stand being at the other end of the house so I crept in beside him at about 11:30. He slept soundly until 3. Then he wanted to move back to the recliner. He was gone off to la la land again in minutes, I was able to crawl into my own bed and he slept until 8 this morning. Ahhhh

The oncologist is saying the treatment shouldn't be too hard on Dennis (HOPEFULLY). they are going to use low dosages and pre-treatment for side effects. He is guessing Dennis will feel no side effects other than perhaps feeling a bit tired. We are praying he is RIGHT!

God love you guys!