Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalfreak

When Relatives Visit Orlando....

tropicalfreak
16 years ago

I am needing recommendations for my Sister and her family. They will be coming to Orlando in June. They are staying all week and doing the Disney thing. She is looking for somewhere to stay near Disney that isn't an arm and leg and that is safe. She would like a place with a full kitchen. Her budget is $2500.00 for everything including airfare. Any ideas?? I suggested a park hopper. A place to stay seems to be the main concern.

Thanks,

-Cliff

Comments (15)

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Cliff I'd highly recommend the cabins in Fort Wilderness right on the Disney property. The one we rented slept 6, full kitchen with dishwasher, bath. There was a deck and charcoal grill and of course all of the other FW ammenities and transportation (boat) to the Magic Kingdom etc. I'm sorry I don't recall the price.

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Sorry Cliff I didn't read your post closely enough. Please disregard my last post!

P.S. Are you coming to Ricky's swap?

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Hi Cliff,
    I rented a wilderness home at Fort Wilderness, it was nice and spacious, and very convenient. We had a great time there, didn't even need to go to the parks half the time.

Otherwise, has she checked into a timeshare? There are a million in the Orlando area and I'm sure she can find a 2 bedroom rental for what she would pay for a cheaper motel. Tell her to check out these websites out for timeshare rentals:

www.myresortnetwork.com

and
    www.tug2.net

Resort network has reviews on some of them, tug access for reviews is limited to members. Otherwise she can use www.tripadvisor.com to see what others have to say about the places.

If she's really a glutton for punishment, she can stay at a timeshare, do the tour, and probably score some day passes to one of the parks. You'll see some advertisements for them on both of the above sites too.

• tropicalfreak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you both for your info. I passed it along. She keeps saying how confused she is. So many places to pick from.

No, I won't be able to make Ricky's swap. Will be in Key Largo that weekend. Hoping to see a plumie tree or two that needs a light trim. lol

-Cliff

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Cliff! Say it's not true.... What will Cindee do without you at Ricky's swap? We will miss you!
    Kat

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Cliff - are you just avoiding me??? I thought for sure you would be at Ricky's this time.

Good luck though with your plummie 'pruning' - I've sure you'll find a couple that will benefit from your clippers!

Kate

• tropicalfreak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kate!!!!
    You will be there????? Oh man!! It would be nice to see you. You will have a blast.

Hey Kat,
    Yeah, I won't be there. i;m sure Cindee can find some other lad to charm. lol

Cliff

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Well... I spoke with Cindee today via IM that is. And... she isn't very happy~
    Cliffie~ What could possibly be better than haning around with the "almost" geritol crowd! Wait~~~don't answer that!
    You are like our surrogate son! We need you there!
    You'll be missed for sure.
    Mama Kat(tee hee)

• julieyankfan
    16 years ago

Cliff, tell her to check into staying at the Disney All Star Music, Movie or Sport resorts. They are the 3 cheapest there and the savings on a rental car and parking might be worth it, as opposed to staying outside the property.

If they do stay there, don't buy the food plan, because if you don't use it all, you can't get back what's left on it. We ended up with so much back that the last night at dinner, we left the whole thing as a tip for the waiter, so that Disney wouldn't get it!lol

Julie

• cindeea
    16 years ago

NO WAY CLIFF!!! Key Largo will ALWAYS be there, I won't always be at Ricky's!! Heaven forbid, he and Karen would move out if I were. What am I going to do without you??? OK well, I guess I won't go to Ricky's either. Tony's not going now you aren't going. Doesn't everyone KNOW???...I go for MY MEN not for the stoopid plants!!!

• tropicalfreak
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, since you werent there it was ok to not show up. lol
    I thought about everyone all day and a good time everyone must be having and the food.

I got a Tiki Dude for the yard out of it .lol

Tropcialfreak

• tropicalfreak
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, my sister just returned home form their trip in Florida. They stayed at Orange Lake Resort, did the Disney thing and stayed in Clearwater a few days.

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Did she have fun? Were you able to spend much time with her?

• tropicalfreak
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kate,

She had a blast!! I didn't get to go up and see her due to school and work. We talked every evening tho and when she needed directions. lol

I keep trying to get her and her husband to move to Florida. They both love it every time they visit. They keep finding more and more each time.

I was reminded really fast why I moved to Florida went I went home in July for a wedding. Although the mountains are nice and beautiful...they just ain't home to me anymore. Nothing like living in paradise.

Cliff

• EmilieH
    10 years ago

Timeshare industry is well known for being very vulnerable to scams; consequently, vacationers and timeshare owners should be aware of timeshare investments, phony offers to rent or resell timeshares or practically anything that sounds too good to be true.

Here is a link that might be useful: EmilieH.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations