Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygardener_gw

New update from Cindee!

butterflygardener
16 years ago

Cindee called me this afternoon, Dennis did very well today with his first chemotherapy! It was a nice relaxing environment and I think they were both very please with how he tolerated it. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers!!! It is working!

Lots of love to you Cindee and Dennis,

Kat

Comments (13)

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

That is great news! They will remain in my prayers. :o)

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

They both are still in my thoughts and prayers also.

Thanks for the update.

FlowerLady

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    16 years ago

Cindee,

Happy thoughts are coming your way.

Linda Leaf

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update.

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Thanks for the news.
    Barb

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Oh thank you,, you guys. I should probably email this but here is a story my friend send me. The power of prayer is so strong and prayers DO work. Love to you all! God bless!

>> GROCERY LIST
    Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of
    defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store. She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries.

She softly explained that her husband was very ill and
    unable to work, they had seven ch ildren and they needed food.

John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested
    that she leave his store at once. Visualizing the family needs, she said: 'Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can.'

John told her he could not give her credit, since she
    did not have a charge account at his store.

Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard
    the conversation between the two. The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family.

The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, 'Do you have
    a grocery list?'

Louise replied, 'Yes sir.' 'O.K' he said, 'put your
    grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries.'

Louise, hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she
    reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. She then laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with her head still bowed.
    The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement
    when the scales went down and stayed down.
    The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the
    customer and said begrudgingly, 'I can't believe it.'
    The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the
    groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not balance so he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more.

The grocer stood there in utter disgust. Finally, he
    grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement.
    It was not a grocery list, it was a prayer, which said:
    'Dear Lord , you know my needs and I am leaving this in
    your hands.'

The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered
    and stood in stunned silence.

Louise thanked him and left the store.
    The other customer handed a fifty-dollar bill to the
    grocer and said; 'It was worth every penny of it . Only God Knows how much a prayer weighs'

THE POWER OF PRAYER: When you read this, say a
    prayer. That's all you have to do.

Just stop right now, and say a prayer of thanks for your
    own good fortune

So dear hearts, trust God to heal the sick, provide food
    for the hungry, clothes and shelter for those that don't have as much we do.
    Amen & Amen

• cindeea
    16 years ago

EXCELLENT News! Surgery follow up-Pathology reports shows the Doc erradicated ALL visible cancer, no other candidate cells showing, chemo and radiation is now PREVENTATIVE. Re-testing scans and check up not for 3 months. YAY!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! Love to you all! Dennis can return to work May 15th

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    16 years ago

Oh Cindee!

I am so happy for Dennis! I have been thinking of the two of you so much lately. You must be so very relieved.

Linda Leaf

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

REALLY GREAT NEWS!!!!HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!!
    (YES I AM SHOUTING!!!!!!)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

(((((((((((((Cindee&Dennis)))))))))))))))))

That's a BIG HUG from Kate!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Great news Cindeea! Glad everything is getting better!

Hugs to you both!

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Cibdee abd Dennis that is such great news. I am glad that the angels have been watching over you and that God has reached down and lifted Dennis up. I am so happy. Sending you lots of hugs and smiles, Linda

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Poor, guy, Started again last night like it did last week after his first chemo...hiccups started wracking his body at 3 this morning. We believe it is related to the Gemzar, since he had that 1st time last week, then again this week with another chemo med, Carboplatin. Last week they were constant all the way to Sunday evening. Right now he is sleeping without hiccups...he's exhausted. We're hoping to hear from the doc to see if there is something we can do to control them. I did a lot of online referencing and it seems persistent hiccups are common with some chemo meds and with people with bladder or kidney issues. Sad news is there seems to be not much info on what gets rid of them. Thanks again for your thoughts!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations