Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flingo_gw

Good bye and thanks follow up

flingo
17 years ago

After calming down and spending the day off line, out of the garden (I am still banished from the garden due to evil sword fern wounds, so I didn't even get to go and hide there)and running errands I calmed down a lot. I shouldn't give this poor person the joy of knowing they upset me and pushed me outta the garden web. I don't really care what someone who has never met me thinks about me. I feel sorry for them in a way. They must be hurting a great deal to lash out like that at me.

The email wasn't sent through the GW Forum. This person got my email address from a posting I had done on another forum where I STUPIDLY put my email address and the fact that I love the garden web. (What was I thinking?!) Okay sometimes I channel an airhead personality, can you tell? LOL

I contacted the web server about the flame I got. They won't release the name or even give me an email address to reply to. They said it could have been anyone, it was out of Florida, someone who was looking at the site and just picked me to bash cause I made it easy for them. I told my husband about it. (He is a law proffesor now and I could use him to put the fear of God in them) I could push it further but that would take time and energy and that is not something I am willing to waste on someone so misguided and mean. I am sure in my heart it was a young kid, or someone with self esteem issues. I don't want to feed their need to be center stage, I don't want to get them in trouble, I just want them to leave me alone. So, I will just say a prayer that they find some peace and happiness in their life. Or if they are still young that they grow-up quickly!

So prepare yourself for more of my inane questions, silly comments and the occasional rain and snake dance-a-thons. I am a silly person, I like to laugh, I like whimsical things, like the sequined pink flamingos that I make. They are just dying to get out into my yard and add a sparkle. It's okay if everyone doesn't like me. I don't like everyone I meet. I wouldn't bash them but...I am a good person and I care about my friends and I like the GW so I think I will be around quite a bit just to bug the heck outta ya'll.

a fanciful and flamboyant flingo

Comments (19)

• Bren2
    17 years ago

Yeah!!!!!!! Way to go Flingo!! Sequined pink flamingos?? Ya gotta show us ! Way cool.
    Seriously, welcome back.
    Brenda

• cindeea
    17 years ago

You Go Girl!! I have inane questions, silly comments and the occasional rain and snake dance-a-thons too. I also am a silly person, like to laugh, and like whimsical things, and I like the sequined pink flamingos that you make, too!! One year I did a surprise visit to my red-neck brothers for Christmas. I sent ahead of my trip plastic pink flamingos for my nephews to line their long drive to the house. All my brothers hicky neighbors knew I was in town!!! They loved it! Before coming home he went to 'git gas, and the gas station guy says "I see ya decorated for the holiday around yer house"...my brother didn't know what he was talking about. He went by the grocer and a coupla locals said.."geeze Jimmy, yer house sure looks purty" this further confused him...he came down the road and started cussing and we could hear him inside the house. He about bit my head and the kids heads OFF........so ya see we all is different in our own silly ways...but my brother is mean. We thought it was funny and a cute little joke. He smashed the flamingos...like that idiot that emailed you tried to do. I don't take my brother seriously anymore I just ignore him and his displaced anger. I live as I want to live and am kind to others. Mean People SUK!! enough said. Glad ya had a change of heart, Flingo.

• flingo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laughing my head off over that one! Those poor smashed birds though! LOL

• manature
    17 years ago

You are right to try and forget about the whole thing, Pam. It isn't worth the time or effort to try to track down this Bozo, unless it turns into more serious harrassment. As someone said earlier, it's mighty bad Karma to do things like this, and I have always believed what goes around, comes around. Sooner or later, stunts like this one will catch up with our little troll buddy. In the meantime, you can forget him and have yourself a good day tomorrow, secure in the knowledge that you had a LOT of folks sticking up for you and ready to be your friends!

See ya in the mornin'!
    Marcia

• flingo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Marcia,

As Scarlett would say, "Tomorrow is another day!"
    And I am off to Tampa! Then home to the dentist. Yuck! Oh well it's better then nasty grams I guess!
    Hugs,
    Pam

• katkin_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Pam,
    I just knew it couldn't be anyone on GW. And I am so happy you are staying. Like everyone else, I love to see the pictures of you house and the work you are doing in the garden. Everyone of us asks question, no one knows it all, so that's not being stupid, not trying to find an answer is being stupid. That's what we are all here for to enhance each others lives and gardens.
    Hugs from me, too
    Kathy

• solstice98
    17 years ago

HooRay!
    Glad you decided to pick us over that pitiful troll!
    Kate

• mspam
    17 years ago

There are nasty people, some even evil, everywhere -- even in church! My experience has been that if kindness doesn't work -- ignore them! Marcia is correct -- what goes around, comes around -- eventually, even if we don't see it.
    Pam

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Flingo, I know exactly how you feel. Last year when I first started on GW, I got a 2 page rant from someone who is still on GW. Sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth when she's asking for things which she always needs to save the world. I was shocked and upset and couldn't believe the email I got. I mentioned it to another long time GW'er...and he told me this is just her MO, he himself had at least 2 flaming rants from her, as did tons of other people. So just remember this person has issues which are not your fault and have nothing to do with you. Just ignore her and refuse to let her have the effect or pleasure or whatever it is she is trying to do to ruin your day and chase you away!

Just remember we all love YOUR postings and YOUR presence on GW!

• carmiewest
    17 years ago

Glad you decided to stay and please keep posting photos.

I also have a flamingo story. A couple of years ago I decided to raise money for a charity in Guatemala. I found an idea on the Internet and decided to buy more than 20 pink plastic flamingos and I would go to a house early in the morning and plant them in their front yard. I would leave a message saying "You have been flocked!" Then I would explain why I did it and I would ask for a donation for my charity. It was supposed to ask for ransom in order to take them off their garden but I didn't know if they would understand so I just asked for a donation, explaining I would be back at 5 in the afternoon to take them off. They could also give me a donation and I would put them in the house of their choice. I started with my sister. I went at 5 a.m. to put them there and went home to wait for their call. Well, I waited almost all day and nobody called to say anything. When we finally talked she said, "Oh, yeah, that was funny". She was supposed to pick the next house to be flocked but she didn't want to do it. She eventually helped me by putting them in other houses.

I had put a sign explaining the charity so a woman called and asked me to put them at her daughter's home. She loved them and I got a donation. I did it in other houses during the summer but I finally decided to stop because some people got really mad when they found the flamingos. My brother in law said that was the most embarrasing thing that had ever happened to him. That coming from somebody that doesn't seem to be embarrased by anything.

It was fun doing it and my husband and children loved it. It was a lot of work to get up early and then go back to pick them up. I still have them and we put them in the back lawn from time to time. My kids love them!

Here are some picture:

• jsvrn
    17 years ago

Flingo,
    Glad you're staying ... I don't post often but I enjoy reading all the posts and have enjoyed reading yours.
    I usually feel pretty gardening challenged when I post but I do it anyway. I figure if someone doesn;t like my silly, stupid questions then they can by pass my postings and ignore me.
    Life is way too short for the mean, shallow people in this world. I garden (poorly sometimes, I might add) when I have extra time and learn by asking or from my mistakes.
    So keep up the snake dancin' and the postings.
    Have a great day,
    Jackie

• Nicki
    17 years ago

I'm loving these flamingo stories! And, in my humble opinion, flamingos have much more impact when in large flocks. :)

I'm glad you're staying, Pam! I know how mean people can ruin your day. Gene has told me to not give them that much power. Mean people are out there, but you can take their power away by not letting them occupy too much of your thoughts. It's hard, but it's true.

And gardening is such a personal experience. It's yours and no one can take that away from you. I've done some pretty stupid things when it comes to gardening... like the time I bought all those tulip bulbs and planted them in March and was expecting this incredible display. Oh lord. Then the lilacs I bought... then the "hedge" of Freedom Roses or whatever they're called from Jackson and Perkins... then when I planted my Don Juan by the fence to the cow pasture and the cows ate it down to nubbins by the time I woke up the next morning. This was at a cute house I was renting years ago. I took at least 20 minutes carefully picking out this Don Juan rose. I picked the most perfect one, and I could just imagine it growing along that fence... sigh. I still do stupid gardening things. Like not killing lubber grasshoppers. Not spraying my roses when they get powdery mildew. I lost most of my spring flush this year because I didn't get around to spraying for the mildew.

Aaaaak. I could go on and on...

Anyway, I'm glad you're not leaving. :-)

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Yippee! Pam's staying. Period. The End!
    Hugs from Marion

• bihai
    17 years ago

We're all "crazee" here in our own ways, else we wouldn't be here! I am a punk hardcore/heavy metal multiply pierced and tattooed tropical gardener and proud of it. I may rub people the wrong way at times but basically I am a gentle person who just likes plants! Anyone who rants at people who just wanta share fun and frolic deserves Dante's 9th level. And the person who tried to chase you off will undoubtedly get it.

• lyam
    17 years ago

Those flamingo are great CarmieWest.

To true Bahai. If you saw me on the street you wouldn't automatically think gardener, but if you caught me in the yard dirty to the elbows an to the knees with a shovel in my hand there would be no doubt.

Tim

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

Flingo, I'm glad you're staying. I've been on here for over 5 years now and one time a while ago, there was a post that I felt really didn't belong on the discussions page, maybe more on this page, so I said that and I got the meanest replies and was verbally attacked. So I know how you feel. I'm glad you're ignoring whoever upset you.

Please post a pic of your sequined flamingoes. I would love to see them. I love flaminoes and have 2 in my yard and a flamingo "Welcome" sign on the front of the house.

Also, can I ask a stupid question??? What the heck do you mean by a "troll"? Sorry, I'm not too savvy with some of the computer lingo.

Bihai, I love heavy metal, too, but the stuff my son calls metal is totally different from what I'm used to.

Julie

• lyam
    17 years ago

Julie your question seems perfectly legitimate (The quest for knowledge) to me.

From Wikipedia,
    In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to intentionally annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion as their only purpose.

Tim

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikipedia on Trolls

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

Ohhhh, now I understand. Thanks Tim. You learn something new every day. So in other words, a troll is someone who needs to get a life and leave others alone. I like that Wikipedia website.

Julie

• lyam
    17 years ago

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I like to just click links randomly while I'm there. Though there is debate as to the accuracy of the information (it's completely user written) there I find it to have some interesting reading.

For a laugh I like to browse through the Uncyclopedia. I'm not going to provide a link because people might find some of the stuff offensive, but I will suggest that if you do go there to read the entry on the founder of Uncyclopedia, Oscar Wilde, first.

You're Welcome

Tim