Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

TropicalFreak? Are you there?

solstice98
17 years ago

Hi Cliff,

Haven't seen you post in a while and concerned. Is all OK?

Why don't you try to come to the Coleus Swap in May and spend some time chatting with your garden buddies?

Kate

Comments (10)

• tropicalfreak
    17 years ago

Hey Kate,

Sorry..I haven't been to the conversation forum lately. Things are going ok. I am still here in South Florida.

Where is the Coleus swap?? Up in Orlando??

Thanks for asking about me. You and Coffeemom are like my big sister's.. : )

Cliff

• solstice98
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad you found the message! I had noticed you starting to post again on the other page so I wasn't worried anymore. Well... not very worried, anyway.

Check out this link for info on the coleus swap. It's down your way so I thought you might be interested.

South Florida Coleus Swap

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Hey Kate,

Your'e not gonna be able to make the swap at Ricky's??
    I am going...
    Cliff

• solstice98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh I wish I could be there but it's just not possible. I'll be thinking about you all though.

Hey, did you ever find the Jade Vine you were looking for?

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

I have found the blue/green at a once monthly Flea Market here in Wilton Manors for $25. Haven't bought one yet.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Oh I so want a jade vine. Their flowers almost seem fake. They truely think outside the box when it comes to color.

• solstice98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If I ever come across a Jade Vine I will buy it, even at $25. I would rather go without lunch for a week! (Actually, only good things would come from me going without lunch for a week, but that's a whole different story.) I know I would have to treat it with special care in Central Florida but I'm sure it would be worth it. If I can get orchids to thrive I should be able to keep the Jade alive, don't you think? Although I haven't done very well with Cindee's vanilla orchid...

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Kate, I am so surprised the Vanilla isn't doing well. Mine are tough as nails. Is in in soil?

• solstice98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sent you an email. Sadly, mine isn't in the soil. Afraid to plant it in case I have to move it in due to cold weather. Large pot though so I thought it would be ok. Apparently it hates it's pot. Maybe I should try a different colored pot. It will put out one leaf, then lose it. Looks like a pathetic stick on the ground. I feel terrible about being such a bad Mom for it! I even thought about buying one on eBay and sending you a picture of that one so you wouldn't know what I've done to your baby!!!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Ohhh Kate-you are so funny. Sometimes I kill plants, too. Mine is just laying in moist soil and it's growing all up and under the pergola. I've beat the crap out of it too. When it was still small, it got sunburned, then Dennis didn't see in under some hedges in the shade and weed wacked it. When I finally put it in it's shallow pot under the pergola, it took off like crazy.