Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativemel

Beautiful Jax home on pond available

nativemel
15 years ago

My sister has a house for rent/sale in Jacksonville, the south side, Mandarin area. It's on a great little pond full of otters, ducks and wildlife galore. It has a wonderful back porch overlooking the pond and a lovely roomy yard with some established citrus trees, crepe myrtles, oleanders, gingers and other plants. She's the one and only owner, I believe she had the house built in 1992. She's taken great care of it and the yard, but had to move to be closer to the grandbaby. E-mail me if you know anyone who could use a place like that. She's negotiable on rent and price.

Comments (9)

• nativemel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Forgot to mention the other important details: 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, master is off of the breakfast nook and has 2 walk in closets, garden tub and separate commode room. Living room and dining room are an open floor plan. Fireplace, indoor laundry room, security system, all kitchen appliances and washer/dryer included. Irrigation system for the yard. City water & sewer. Built in UV light in the HVAC air handler. I'm not sure of the square footage, but the smallest of the three bedrooms is 10x10, the next is probably 10x12 with a bay window, and the master is larger with a bay window. Good neighbors, watch out for you, get your mail, check on your pets, if you need it. A truly lovely house in a good neighborhood with easy access to I-295, San Jose Blvd., Old St. Augustine Road.

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

NativeMel,

It sounds great do you have pics? I have to do research on the area but hubby and I are looking to move....do you know how big the yard is or how much shes asking to buy? I would have to find a job up there first but if the house is nice I'll start sending out resumes immediately:) You can give her my email if that would be easier

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

I think you should buy this house so I can come and visit you!!!!!!!

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

LOL.....Wherever I move to I can guaranteee that all my gardenweb friends will always be welcome...I love to entertain. I think I will host a little gardenweb party as soon as we move...I've been dying to but my yard is so small. Of course this is all planning...no actual prospects yet.

• nativemel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nytrinigemini,

I believe in another post you mentioned that you were looking for at least an acre. This is definitely not that large. But it is a great house in nice neighborhood with very friendly neighbors and room for a small garden. I will ask my sister to e-mail some pictures to me so that I can share them.

• nativemel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the update from my sister about her house:

She will take a current picture and e-mail to me on Wednesday, so if anyone wants to see the picture, please e-mail me.

She is asking $200,000 but is negotiable. House was built in 1993. Size is 1540 sf not including porches or garage. It has a very private and peaceful setting on the pond and it is on a cul de sac. The house is 20 min. to downtown, 30 min. to beaches and St. Augustine, 15 min. to St. Johns Square and Avenues Mall, private golf course 10 min. Close to many churches and several schools (elem, junior and high schools).

New items in house include HVAC and heat pump with ultra violet light for germs and pollen, dishwasher, disposal, new front door, vinyl siding, gutters, plumbing fixtures. Refrigerator is 3+ years old.

She said she had the best of neighbors who all watched out for each other and shared keys because they were that confident in each other.

Her electric bills averaged $142/mo but that included electricity, water, sewage, and irrigation meter for one person. There are 42 properties in the homeowners' association and dues might go up to $225/yr for 2009.

The property is about 6200 sq ft where the house is located and 15000 sq ft covered by the pond. It is a large, well established retention pond which stays full year round and is constantly inhabited by wildlife.

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Sounds very lovely.....I have to see the pics when you get them.....I do want alot of land....but I'm very negotiable...if I fall in love with something thats all that matters. So keep me updated....thanks so much for posting this....I am drooling.

• nativemel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Still waiting for my sister to send pictures. She's having camera issues. I may have to take pictures in early June when I go visit her. Keep checking here; I'll post them as soon as possible, one way or the other.

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Thanks, No rush I am busy studying now anyway...no time to look for a job :-) The house does sound gorgeous though.