Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julieyankfan

We need more pet photos

julieyankfan
17 years ago

I like the pet photos you all post here. Post some more, but could you dog owners put some on, too? I no longer have my dog, so I would enjoy seeing some of yours. No offense to the cat lovers.

Julie

Comments (37)

• tampafred
    17 years ago

Here are my angels, Buckley and Penny....

{{gwi:57021}}

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Jamie!!! Cut it out! You are making me want a Doxie! I keep thinking Peati needs a pal. Dh says one dog is enough, but I think we have enough room and love for just a little one. LOL
    Didn't I read you were coming to Orlando for the swap? and bringing Buckley and Penny. I can't wait to meet them.
    Maarion

• maureen155
    17 years ago

Here are my garden buddies:

Iris

Willie

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Oh, don't get me started! I can do dog pictures until you get sick of them. Here's a couple of my favorites. Forgive me if you've seen them posted here before. I'll try to get some new ones shortly.

Sarah (8 years old and a little lady. Most of the time. When she wants to be. I'm foolish about her and think she is The Perfect Dog.)

Handsome Bandit (11 years old and not at all well, but still a clown. He came to us through a rescue group when he was 5 years old and has been a complete joy.)

The Daisy Dogs!

Another Bandit photo

• julieyankfan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's very obvious that Buckley and Penny leave very tough lives!LOL I like that one in the penguin blanket! They are too cute! Wasn't Buckley the one that was so ill?

Iris and Willie are sweeties!

The daisy dog pic is great! That should be your Christmas card photo!

Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Julie

• tampafred
    17 years ago

Iris, Willie, Sarah and Bandit....Oh my!! I could love and kiss on them all day long! I just love dogs and animals in general.

Julie, Buckley was the one that was so sick there for awhile. In fact, the shot of him and Penny in the penguin blanket was right after we brought him home from the hospital. As you can see, little Penny knew he wasn't feeling well and she had to cuddle with her big brother. But, he's 100% now and back to his charming, stubborn self...LOL

Marion, I am most likely coming to the get-together in June and will bring Buckley and Penny. I know they would have soooooo much fun running around and getting into mischief.

More dog pics please!

• julieyankfan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm glad to hear he's all better. I know how it is when you have a sick doggie. My Muffin had Cushing's disease and before that, a heart valve anomaly that had to be operated on at the U. of Penn. in Philly. We had to open a home equity line of credit for that one!lol Even with all of that, she made it to 15 1/2. The vet couldn't believe it. Her quality of life was going downhill and she took a grand mal seizure, so we made the decision to put her to rest.

We thought of getting another dog, but with the kids grown and my back problems, we decided against it. Maybe in the future. In the meantime, I love those pics you post.

Julie

• maggie
    17 years ago

OK, here I go. When I was growing up I was extremely afraid of any dog, large or small, and never really liked them at all for most of my adult life. But since I was forced to retire at an early age for health reasons, some of my best medicine has come from my acquiring these two little Yorkies -Maggie and Molly!!! I needed some company!! Now I'd do anything for these two (even sit out a hurricane!) Here are just a few pics - oh yeah - I'm in love with my grandson Jack also!

Babies sleeping.....

And Molly snoring!!!

Packers Fans! (Well, Jack's Dad is a fan...not so sure myself....)

Molly wants to play too!!!

Molly and Maggie watching as we're packing to move....wondering what in the world is going on???

In the hotel on our move to Florida, they needed each other!

Maybe I'll have some to post of them home and happy when we are finally in the new house!

Deb

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Deb, I just love the picture of them looking through the ballisters. No I really have to learn how to post pictures, Kate so kindly gave me instructions. Some days there just aren't enough hours to get everything done. sigh!

• lyam
    17 years ago

Those are some great dog pictures! Where are the other animals?

Tim

• julieyankfan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb, they are all so cute! I'm so glad to see that you're raising your grandson right - as a Packers fan!!! I'm a native New Yorker, so I like the Yankees, but I always liked the Packers in football. Is that the same baby in all 3 pics? What happened to the hair?

My FIL in NY has a yorkie and he loves him.

Julie

• maggie
    17 years ago

Yes, those are all the same grandson (my one and only!)over a several month time span. We sold our house in Chicago last October, had some time to kill (lots of time to kill, actually) waiting for our house to be ready down here, so spent the winter months in an apartment in St. Louis, right down the road from little Jack. He and the dogs really did become good friends - isn't it amazing how dogs understand that a child pulling their hair is nothing to get upset about? Now that we are down here, all I have to do to get the dogs to run in circles is mention Jack's name!

Deb

PS Being from Chicago, I have a hard time accepting my dear SIL's favoritism for the Packers......so while babysitting Jack, I had to dress him as one of my favorites, the Michigan Wolverines.....here he is as a beginning cheerleader......

but this led to him being brought over one morning dressed in dear SIL's alma mater.....

Sorry - I know this is off topic - couldn't resist - maybe we should start a thread of pics of grandchildren....

• buttterflyy
    17 years ago

What gorgeous blue eyes on the two legged cutie !!!

• butterflygardener
    17 years ago

This is a turtle I got a garage sale. Look at her tummy--you can see why she got the name Snoopy girl! She got too big so now resides at Busch Wildlife Sanctuary in Jupiter.
    Kat

• beachcat
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm really enjoying the pet pix :) This is my boy Leo with my daughter, who rescued him from a tenement in NYC 9 years ago. The love in his eyes when he looks at her just melts my heart.

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Here's Crazy Putter, Crazy Putter's closeup, The Big Petunia napping with her Gund bear, and the neighborhood cranes at the birdfeeder. (I took the crane photo last year but I like it so I thought I would sneak it in here with the other Muffins.)
    Kate

• Bren2
    17 years ago

Well this is my white cat , Would you believe? He's a regular terror!

And this is what he really looks like

This is chattie

And this is my sweet Tillie

• DebbieInMiami
    17 years ago

This is Abbey!

• tampafred
    17 years ago

woo-hoo! I love them all! Keep the pet pics coming folks....they really put a smile on my face.

• julieyankfan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bren2, are your white cat's eyes really red or was that from the flash? The cats are nice, but Tillie looks like a sweetheart.

Abbey is beautiful.

• myfask
    17 years ago

here is a picture of my 3 plus my sister's dog(the black one) that stays with us when every they go away and a link to more pictures of our "kids"
    karla

Here is a link that might be useful: dog pictures

• nbutler5
    17 years ago

this is my neighbor's chow Sasha, the killer guard dog

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Putter playing with her squirrel.

And this is The Big Petunia when she wasn't so big. I've lost the original file and only have this shrunken photo left. Guess I'm going to have to play with PhotoShop and see if I can make it bigger.

• minibim
    17 years ago

What happens when a bluejay flys in the open door to your Florida room.
    {{gwi:756498}}

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Minibim, I love that picture!

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Wow, great photos! So many cute doggies (wish I could have one!) and the cats are all cuuuuttte!

Someone mentioned Cushing's...my dog died last year (put to sleep) but she had cushing's for years. :(

Leo

My brothers cat that they adopted last year, Leo when we found him two years ago and then an older photo of him. We were amazed at the similarities of the cats!

Samson

Isabelle, my brother's Boston terrier

• maryinnp
    17 years ago

Wow, these photos are just amazing. What a menagerie!

Here's one of my sweet Maggie Mae taken in CT (note the lilacs in the yard) two years ago, just before we moved to FL.

Mary

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Maggie Mae does look like a sweetie. And I can almost smell the lilacs!

• janengland
    17 years ago

This is a picture of our 2 schnauzers, Lokai and Yuki.They are the loves of my life- and my husband understands this !!

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I had to share this one because it seems so sweet to me.
    This is Rock Star (aka Roxy). She's 18 years old and the senior citizen of the household. She was fascinated by the photos of butterflys in this book, pawing at the pictures. But all of a sudden, just like a true elder, she went from watching to napping!

• last_mango
    17 years ago

Ha. Just saw this thread. Great pics! Animals and gardens (and couches) go well together, don't they?!

Here's mine:

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

LOL that is a cute dog! Just chilling in the pool!

• jhl1654
    17 years ago

Debbie

That is such a good looking African Grey!! Lately I've been thinking about getting one. Does it talk?

debbie

• tropicalfreak
    17 years ago

{{gwi:756519}}

Ginger, she just turned a yr old a couple weeks ago. she was the runt of the litter but the cutest..:)

{{gwi:756520}}

Daisy, she is a couple years old.
    she has those hound dog eyes that melt your heart..lol

have to get one of lucky for you guys. the camera makes him nervous. poor guy was abused by previuos owners when we had got him a couple years ago, from the no kill shelter in winter garden. he has come along way.

cliff

• solstice98
    17 years ago

This is my neighbor's kitten, Serena. It's their first pet and they let her spend hours outside by herself each day. De-clawed too! Even without claws she's a good hunter and has taken down several of the birds that visit my birdfeeders. I should be angry with her but she's just doing what a cat does. And she's so cute and affectionate! I'm not so happy with her owners.

• solstice98
    17 years ago

You've seen other photos of Grayc, aka The Big Petunia but she's one of my favorite photo subjects so here she is again. I just bought a lounger for the lanai and true to her nature she made it hers the first day. If I want to sit on it I have to push her out of the way.

I like the way the her stripes and the zebra stripes on the pillows go together. Maybe she thinks she's camoflaged?

19 pounds and proud of it. Large and In Charge.

• mboston_gw
    17 years ago

Since we aren't supposed to double post, I will send you over to the Pet Forum if you want to see pictures of my two Labradoodle puppies. Born June 18th and came home to use on Saturday. So much puppy lovin going on here!

Post is headed by "Doodles are home!"