Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soap berries/nuts

Posted by trudyu fl (My Page) on
Sat, May 16, 09 at 15:15

I have been thinking of trying to grow a soap berry/nut tree. I live in Pinellas county and have unable to find a source for the plant/tree. From the research I've done I get the impression they grow wild and could be on any piece of open land. Anyone familiar with them? Does anyone have such a tree that is going un harvested? Does anyone have a small tree they would like to sell or know where there might be one available?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soap berries/nuts

trudyu, if you post this message on the Discussion page I think you'll get a response. Your question is definitely 'on topic' for the garden forum. Not many members of the forum come here to the Conversations page.

o
RE: Soap berries/nuts

the sapindus mukorossi grows wild in the Himalayas. So if you are looking to grow them, perhaps find out at what level on the mountains they are most commonly found and work on that information. It may be that with some protection until they reach a few seasons they would be ok in a wide variety of micro climates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here