Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imatallun

Update about the lost dog 'Jake'

imatallun
14 years ago

144 days after he was lost in Orlando, Jake has been happily reunited with his family in Atlanta. Other than being a bit skinny and flea bitten, he seems to be doing just fine! (Per the vet.)

Some very kind workers at a golf course won his confidence (with hot dogs!) and called the number on his tag. Tim hightailed it to Orlando to pick up Jake.

Happy to report a happy ending...

M

Comments (13)

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Hooray!!!! That is great news!!!!!

• wanda662
    14 years ago

Wow! That's a great ending to the story! Always glad for happy endings. Thanks for keeping us up dated.

• ginibee
    14 years ago

OMG!! That was a long time, but such a happy ending!! So glad the family was finally reunited.

• gatormomx2
    14 years ago

Ditto . Cannot believe he was found and returned !
    Contact the media .
    This is a great story that others need to hear .
    What a wonderful moment that must have been to see owner and pet reunited .
    Hurray !

• treefrog_fl
    14 years ago

Wow! and Yay! What a long time to have been away.
    I really didn't expect this happy ending.
    Thanks for the update, Marilyn.

• trinigemini
    14 years ago

That is so great...Jake and his family are truly very lucky. And those workers deserve lots of praise as well. Now I have to make sure my dog has a tag with my number on it too....of course she probably can't run very far. One of the perks to owning a bulldog :-)

• msmarion
    14 years ago

Oh M what wonderful news!!!!! I love happy endings! Hope he gets along with his new housemate! I bet Danny's niece is one happy young lady!

• imatallun
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. I honestly didn't think Jake would ever be returned to his family, and I'm more concious now than ever about sticking Ruby's (beloved dobie's) collar on her than ever before. Anyway, it seems almost miraculous that after all the time and distance that Timmy's family had their first three dog night together up in Atlanta.

Thanks for your support and good wishes, friends and fellow dog lovers,
    m

• virginous
    14 years ago

Oh wowee!!!
    I'm so happy that Jake has been found and is well.
    After reading his story, my heart was saddened but still hopeful.
    I love happy endings!
    I don't know what I would do if I had to lose one of my five bow wows.
    Blessings to him and his family and lots of love.

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Unbelievable, and what great news!

• trinigemini
    14 years ago

We found a stray yesterday....I walked the neighborhood for an hour looking for his owners (I had to go to my dads house)....I asked everyone I saw if they knew the dog...I had no luck....I could not keep the dog in my house because it was flea infested, unfixed and kept trying to mate with my dog...and I did not have an appropriate outdoor place to put him....a couple down the block said they thought they knew who he belonged to and would try to ask when they saw her ...well....last night a couple of men came to my door and said they heard I found a dog...I went with them and showed them the people I had left him with and owners and dog were reunited. Made me feel good ...plus I met alot of my neighbors.

• Nicki
    14 years ago

I was just thinking about your post the other day. I was wondering if Jake was ever found. What wonderful news! Think of all the stories Jake's telling his buddies.

My cat, Shirley, slipped out of the house three years ago, and I never found her. I searched the neighborhoods for months. I handed out flyers all over the place. I still find myself looking for her as I drive slowly through the neighborhood. I just hope someone picked her up and she's safe and loved.

I'm so glad Jake's reunited with his family! Amazing story. 144 days. Poor baby.

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Jake and Tim's story was in the Orlando Sentinel this morning!!!

"Lost Dog's Owner Goes to Extremes..."

Kate

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21