Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Garden Question and photos

scents_from_heaven
17 years ago

I will only be posting on the conversations thread from now on. I will ask my garden questions there, post my pictures there and only check there. It would be great if others would do that. Linda

Comments (7)

• beth7happy
    17 years ago

Where IS the thread?? I must be looking for the wrong thing!

• SusieQsie_Fla
    17 years ago

Beth
    Look at the top of the Forum page where it says "Discussions". It also says "Switch to" Conversations / Exchanges. You can click on either one to go to those different Forum pages.

They are both worth visiting.

I check 'em out because I hate to miss anything!

Susie

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I check them both out, too, every time I log on. Only takes a second to click from one to the other. For years many of us have posted on the conversations page. There's room for both here and both serve a purpose. Linda, I hope you reconsider and continue to use this page for garden questions and comments. Your experience and opinions would be of value to gardeners who will only visit here. The conversations page, though, is perfect for our across-the-back-fence talks and I wouldn't want to give that up either!

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I kinda feel like Marcia that I hate someone looking over my shoulder and not being able to be spontaneous in my responses for fear of offending either the powers that be or someone on the forum who thinks what I post is inappropriate and reports me. It takes the fun out of posting and both answering and asking questions. Linda

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I'm trying hard to understand the strong reactions I'm seeing, Linda. I don't think they're saying you can't share these things, merely that there's a place for it. I just know I would hate to lose the connections I've made here with you, Marcia, and many others.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kate, for me to be me I have to be able to express my love for the people here, to share my thoughts along with mentioning my garden and asking questions. I understand the concept of the forum for gardening issues here in Florida, but like Marcia they have picked and chose which posts to move. It has not been a policy that has been uniform and across the board. The same for everyone which makes it appear to be a result of someone on the forum complaining and then the powers that be coming in and removing certain posts. It is hard to be yourself if you are constantly worried about posting something to offend someone or posting somethat that the administrators feel is inappropriate so posting on the conversations thread seems to be the only safe place to be myself. Like Marcia, i will think about things but at this point in my lofe my emotions are still running high and sometimes I just need to share things along with the gardening things. It is hard for me to put a halt to feelings and expressing them when I am responding to questions or asking them at this time so - that is where the problem lies. Not a lot of people here read the conversations thread so it is hard to let people know what is happening. As you check the site you will notice this. I feel as if I have been told not to tell my family anything about me personally or to ask them personal questions. That just makes us robots posting without feelings. Linda

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kate, don't let it bother you, please. It is not that important. My emotions are still running high and I am sorry for taking up gardening time with my posts. It will never happen again. Linda