Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tampafred_gw

I don't watch much TV...

tampafred
17 years ago

but there are several shows that I am HOOKED on. Obviously Lost, but now Big Love and Huff. Anyone else watch the latter 2 shows? I hate to admit it, but Huff reminds me alot of my family growing up and I think that is why I am so drawn to it. Plus, I really like Blythe Danner and Hank Azaria.

Comments (25)

• sillybugs
    17 years ago

I dont watch them but i am hooked on House!

• Nicki
    17 years ago

I have a hard time remembering to watch TV shows.

But I am hooked on History Channel's "Digging for the Truth".
    The host is a total hotty... rrrowr... so it's easy to remember to watch it. :)

Dirty Jobs is fun, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: digging for the truth site

• nbutler5
    17 years ago

Being a Jeapordy fan I'm now hooked on Cash Cab, much lower stress level than the big J :)
    another DISC show I try to watch is Dealiest Catch

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

Anyone I know who watches Deadliest Catch gets hooked on it. You'll never complain about the price of crab legs after you see that show!

I like Prison Break, House, Lost, Commander-in-Chief, House Hunters and Mind of Mencia.

Julie

• coffeemom
    17 years ago

Well, they picked the Top Chef. I watched Texas Ranch House(all the shows) twice. Most of my favorite shows are "critically acclaimed" and then canceled. Like Franks Place.

• lyam
    17 years ago

*Lewis Black Voice*
    I don't know about the shows I watch being "critically acclaimed", but they do get canceled the majority of the time. That's why I don't watch much TV I need resolution. Besides I like the show that should be enough to keep it on the air!

I was really into Threshold it had everything it needed to be a great show, and NBC canceled it out of the blue an replace it with another cop show. Aren't 30 CSIs enough for you people! "FREEZE CSI!!" Why are crime scene investigators arresting people? I don't get it that's like "FREEZE LAB TECH!! I've got a beaker an know how to use it!!"{{gwi:756740}}

I said ok no problem I've still got Surface, but NO they start lagging between episodes. Then somewhere after 2 months of no new shows they play a season finale! A season finale that just leaves more questions, but are they going to make new episodes....NO! I can't even remember what crap shack show they replaced Surface with.
    *End Lewis Black Voice*

Those are just the two most fresh in my mind. I'm sure if I thought a little harder I could come up with more.

Tim

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

We watched Joan of Arcadia for 2 seasons and, just when Joan meets the devil, they cancel it! The devil ended up being the star of Prison Break. We love Commander in Chief and now they're canceling that. We were crazy over Over There, about the troops in Iraq, but the producer of that left for Commander in Chief and that got canceled.

I tried to watch CSI, but couldn't get into it. My husband watches Forensic Files on Court TV. It's boring, but at least it's fact not fiction.

We started watching Threshold and Surface and then lost them when they got moved around.

Julie

• minibim
    17 years ago

I don't really watch a lot of tv, my tv pretty much ends up on a channel and that's that. I do like CourtTV programs a lot, especially the Dominick Dunne one, I like A & E and The Deadliest Catch is a good show(who knew you could make a cool show out of crabbing!). Some of the Weather Channels shows are pretty good too. Problem is there just isn't any one show that I say "Oh, it's Tuesday, I gotta watch such and such".

On the other hand, it's a major event to make sure we are home by 9pm on Sundays, geez, we can't miss The Sopranos or the husband might have a heart attack!

Funny thing, I've also said I could almost do without a tv and not miss it, until Wilma. Not only was I going nuts that I didn't have cable, I was going insane to only be able to pick up one station with some antique rabbit ears. Dark at 6pm, a curfew and no real electricity for a month and we had the tv on the generator and all I could watch was infomercials. lol

• lyam
    17 years ago

Joan of Arcadia was another one I watched Julie. In my opinion that was a quaility TV show.

I get my TV from the air Minibim, and we get 12 channels counting the 3 spanish language ones. I know what you are talking about though with being out of power for days on end, and nothing to do but sit in the heat an be bored. It's enough to drive you a little crazy.

Tim

• beachcat
    17 years ago

What happened to the FX show, Thief? Also missing Rescue Me, starring Dennis Leary.

• JoanM
    17 years ago

Rescue me starts up again this week. I set the DVR the other day.

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

My son was watching Thief. They had the season ender about a week ago. I think they only made 5 episodes and they ended the season. Then they wonder why they lose the audience.

Julie

• tropicalfreak
    17 years ago

MegaDisasters, Body of Evidence, Bones
    a couple of one's i enjoy watching.
    cliff

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I've been watching The Deadliest Catch marathon all evening. What a great show and what a horrible job!

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

I was an Alias fan and it just ended after 5 years. It would have gone on longer if JJ Abrams hadn't made LOST. I also watch House. Trying to limit my tv time now. Will be getting into Grey's Anatomy though.

• lyam
    17 years ago

Did anyone see the MadTV where they did the House parody? It was quite funny. Michael MacDonald played House he looked just like him LoL. The guy that plays House was one of the thugs in the 101 Dalmations movie.

Tim

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

Hugh Laurie (House)was also Stuart Little's dad in the movies.

Deadliest Catch season finale Tuesday night! After you watch that show, you'll never complain about the price of crab legs again!lol

Julie

• lyam
    17 years ago

The IMDB is a great place to go an see who was in what TV show, movie, or who did the voice in a cartoon or game.

Tim

Here is a link that might be useful: The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

• nbutler5
    17 years ago

I can't believe no one has mentioned Gardening by the Yard - it's on a PBS like station sometime during the mornings on the weekend, really cool gardening ideas. Anybody know of other garden oriented shows? I also like Landscaper's Challenge (or something like that) - some of the results are amazing ($$$).

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

I love Gardening by the Yard, but most of the stuff doesn't apply to gardening in Fla. My DH hates Paul James, the host. I think he's funny. It's on HGTV. I like Landscaper's Challenge, too, but most of those people have $50,000 to spend on a yard!!! Not me, but you do get good ideas from the show.

Last night's Deadliest Catch was good.

Julie

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I admit I'll watch any gardening show, even if I've seen it before. But Paul James iritates me too! His dog is cute though.

Love Landscapers Challenge although they rarely pick the design I would choose.

Why aren't there MORE garden shows on Home and Garden TV?!?!

Tom MacCubbin does some interesting stuff for Florida on local Orange County TV but I never know when it's on - it's just something I catch once in a while if I'm surfing the channels.

• butterflygardener
    17 years ago

I love to watch Paul James! He is just as goofy as my own brother also ~ Paul! I like most gardening shows even if they are bad, repeat, or British! We don't get DIY anymore with this stupid Direct TV!!! Hate it! I like their Grounds for improvement show. Like to watch the Backyard Wildlife Habitat program though Molly can be a bit annoying. And~~am I the only one here hooked on DESPARATE HOUSEWIVES!!! lOVE THE SHOW! Nancy Grace is also one of my favs! And the history channel has had some great shows recently.
    Kat

• butterflygardener
    17 years ago

Anyone watching the 4400?
    Kat

• lyam
    17 years ago

I saw a preview for it Kat. The show is about modified humans or something like that right? It looks like an interesting show, but since I don't have cable I can't watch it. I think it's funny when they show a preview for a show on cable on the broadcast channels.

Tim

• lyam
    17 years ago

I got the first season of the 4400 last weekend Kat. I liked it a lot, so much after I watched it I ordered the second season after I finished watching the first. It should be here in a couple days. Can't wait to see some more of it.

Tim

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022