Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Please allow me to vent-My legs and joints arghhhhh

cindeea
16 years ago

I am having a very hard time tonight. My knees want to buckle my hips and back are killing me and why??? because I have to have both of my hips replaced, they are so deteriorated and bones are constantly rubbing. I hate to cry here, but man this is a tough night for me even with the humidity so low. The freekeeking Blue Cross put a big ol' block on the first hip op back in Feb. saying that they would not cover hosp and surg costs until after Nov. (this is a year my year being on Dennis's plan) AND Den called them when he added me to the policy and asked about what would happen if I needed surgery. They said......NO PROB! I HATE THEM. They paid for 3 months of X-Rays, clinical studies as to the what surgery I would need, pre-op examinations and meds.

I am taking meds for pain, but tonight they ain't helping. I am also concerned about taking these meds on a daily basis. What are they doing to my overall system??

The KILLER?? Today a get a letter from BC asking me to help them help me with my condition by calling their 800 number to assist me with with dealing with it. DEAL WITH IT-COVER THE FREAKING surgery you butt heads!

OK I am done, I am sorry, if no one reads this it's OK, I got it out......Be well and happy-I wanna go play in the mud.........

Comments (14)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Oh Cindee I am so sorry for the problems you are having. Having worked for insurance companies for many years I am qualified to say They Suck Bigtime. I know that's no consolation, but I needed to say it.
    Never hesitate to tell us what's going on with you and how you are feeling. And never hesitate to call that 800 number and tell them how you feel about their handling of your claim! They record every complaint so built up their numbers.
    Kate

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Cindee *big hug and lots of empathy* I also will need a hip replacement but fighting it for as long as I can. I am so sorry you are in such pain and you need to rant and rave with the insurance company. They need to know that this is a condition that is deteriorating rapidly and causing both physical and emotional pain and damage. I have managed to circumvent many of BCBs's rules and regulations with a little help from my doctors. I guess being verbose and doing some research and offering options that hits them where it hurts does help. I give them the scenario of how much it is going to cost in rehab, etc if my joints deterior so badly that they affect the alignment of my back and I am forced to have back surgery after months of therapy or would they prefer to pay for the surgery and prevent all of the extra expenses. They generally see things my way and allow surgery, etc. VENT ANYTIME!!!!!!!! We love you, Linda

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Oh Cindee, my friend, I feel so bad for you. Wish there was something I could do to help take the pain away. I say call them, call them every day and bug the crap out of them till they give in. Call and cry on the phone, call at midnight and cry and don't give them a minutes rest. It just isn't fair for you to be in so much pain.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Cindee, I re-read your post and had this thought: if they are refusing the surgery for now but offering some type of pain management definitely take them up on the offer. You'll still have to wait for the surgery but I've seen pain mgmt really help. They have lots of techniques and will work with you until they find one that is effective. (I handle workers comp claims so I deal with people who have long term and chronic pain problems all the time.)

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You guys are great. Feeling much better yesterday and today. I actually threw the BC mail away immediately is pi**ed me off so much I took it to the shreader!! Solstice, as far as pain mgt, my surgeon is offering it in the way of meds. Unlike knees and other joints, there's not a lot of therapy for hips, I just have to keep up with my stretching/yoga and not lift or over-do anything until I can get the surgery and that makes me feel so insignificient when I can't pick up a spoon I drop with out crackling! Any type of manipulation, massage etc, could be more damaging at this pont because the bones in my hips are so brittle. Actually, he offered stronger meds but I refused them. I still want to be able to move around and drive without being totally numb and drugged. I am sorry I was sounding so depressed, I guess with not working and all I just hit a bad patch the other night. More than anything I feel so much better just knowing you guys are willing to listen to me. Thanks for being here.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

We're always here for you.

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Cindee, you can always sharw, rant, rave, but remember you are never alone. We are here anytime and you can always feel free to call me personally and cry on my shoulder anytime you want. Glad you got it out of your system. Linda

• laura1
    16 years ago

Cindee, I'm sorry that you are having such difficulties with BC and are in such pain. It is my belief that they make it hard for you to get a claim paid so you'll just give up and go away. Don't give up that is what they are hoping you will do.

On the other side (of surgery) I had a friend who had back surgery that her insurance company said they would cover and then did not. She had a bill of about 40K and she settled with doctor/hospital? for LESS THAN $1,000! She had worked for insurance companies and hospitals and knew that they'd rather have some money now than no money ever.

I hope you get the surgery you need and that BC steps up to the plate and does what they are supposed to do!

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    16 years ago

Cindee I will be keeping you in my thaughts. Constant pain can really alter your life. I am finding it harder to walk and move around because of foot, knee and hip problems. I have come to the conclusion that I can't ignor it much longer. Ive seen several drs about my knee and feet and they just offer me Celebrex as an answer. One Dr. told me I had to much Arthritis in my feet he couldn't help me and walked out, that was all he said to me, not hello or goodby. It seems several of our garden web friends are suffering joint pain. Mayby we should get a purple shovel for gardening under physical challanges. lol

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Hopeful, I am apalled at the behavior of that doctor. That is when I schedule a return appointment and I barricade the door so he can not leave until we have a very through discussion. I have even been known to tell them that I paid for their time and since they did not give it to me the last time I am taking it all today. I have developed some good relationships with doctors using that technique.

Yes, we should have a purple shovel pin for everyone who gardens dispite the pain and suffering we go through both physically and mentally because of mother nature. Who wants to design it? Hear hear, Linda

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ha ha Purple shovel, I LOVE IT! I'd be happy to design it...on crutches or wheels so it can get to the dirt safely. Well, THANKS, this gives me a creative project!! I'll keep ya posted to what I think up!

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Cindee, Pat, Linda,
    I'm sorry that you are in pain. The purple shovel sounds like a great idea.
    Take care,
    Lynne

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Hi Cindee,

Hoping you are feeling better today. I am sorry you are in pain and I wish I could do something to help you. You can write and complain as much as you want. We are here to listen to you.

Hugs,
    Carmen

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(((((CARMEN))))))))) thanks sweetie, I think the rain released some of the pressure in my joints.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations