Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaspersmommy

BEen lurking long enough, time to introduce myself!

jaspersmommy
16 years ago

I have been asking questions, but really haven't introduced my self. Calamity_j made me realize that tonight. Ok ya ready... I am 52, divorced and the mom of 2 incredible kids, well I call them kids. LOL My son is 29 and just took the bar and passed on his 1st try. (SO PROUD I COULD JUST SPLIT) He married a wonderful girl last Dec. My daughter is 27 and is starting law school in August. She just graduated dean's list for international biz, and is going into international law (I believe) She was married this past Jan.to my wonderful SIL. YES, both of them less than 1 month apart.I made all of their flowers out of a home made clay called cold porcelian, did all the decorating, and made the cake. Yes I'm nuts. I have been very blessed that anything creative just flows out of me, a jill of all trades, mistress of none. I enjoy the comadre (sp?) here everyone is so kind and helpful. My DDIL is a preschool teacher, my DSIL is a cop. I could not have handpicked better people for my kids, I just love them both. I have a fat bulldog that loves to snuggle and play with my daughters bully. I just moved back to Miami after living in PA for almost 6 years. I love it here but man do I ever miss the auctions, thrift stores, and yard sales. Everyone up north has good vintage junk, down here no one likes it. Well I guess thats more or less it. Sorry for rambling on, just wanted to be one of the gang.

May God bless each and every one of you.

Dena

Also posted on Stained glass/mosaic and Garden junk forums

Comments (7)

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Hi Dena! Welcome(official like)! It is funny, I noticed most of us are in the same age group, though thankfully we have a few "youngsters" here too! You must plan on attending a swap with us. The next two scheduled swaps a a bit of a hike for you but maybe you can still get to one. I'm glad to know you, congrats on the great "kids" you have raised! Boy, I could use a few pointers, 'nough said!
    Kat

• jaspersmommy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks BG,
    I am hoping to attend one soon, I had to miss Ricky's because of family problems. My kids didn't have it easy growing up, but to hear them tell it it was the best ever. I believe it made them the people they are now, just look at Paris Hilton, has everything money can buy and doesn't have a clue. Glad to be aboard.
    Dena

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Dena-so glad you introduced yourself! Welcome. This is a great place to hang out, learn and laugh. I have met some of the most kind, generous and fun loving people on this forum. Our plant swaps are always more than just swaps, they are about friendships, sharing and learning new things. I would not have the variety of plants I have without learning from everyone here. Good luck and again, welcome.
    Cindee

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Welcome Dena! We are a wild and wacky bunch here. I've learned so much from this group. I've made some wonderful friends and had so much fun at swaps, plant sales and touring each others gardens. You are gonna like it here.
    I take it you are a crafty person...I see you over on the Garden Junk forum as well. Glad to meet ya and hope to see you at a swap someday.
    Marion

• gardenbrat72
    16 years ago

Welcome Dena,

I'm also a newbie to these forums, love them so far. Everyone is so helpful.

Kitiera

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Welcome, Dena along with Kitiera. It is so nice to have new peoplw join out madness. Yes, we are absolutely mad, whacko, lonney for gardening. Sometimes I think we live in dirt and grow only when watered. Some of us grow when even neglected. You have every right to be proud of your children. Sounds like you were a major influence in their lives.

One of our mottos around here is "Carpe Car Kete" Grab those car keys and go to where the plants and friends are. I am waiting an invitation from Treefrog, Marion, Kat and others when they do another garden party and they know in advance and it is on a Sat or Sun. Of course for me it would have to be in the fall, winter or early spring. Can't handle the heat. *roflmao*

A word of caution = be careful around Lisa *hug* or she will have you growing all manner of edibles both fruits and veggies. She has corupted almost all of us. I had to tell my hubby that I do not know how that varigated lemon made it into my yard. He laughted and said, Lisa made you do it - I know. He does enjoy the benefits though.

Once again, welcome and we hope to hear more from you. Linda

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Welcome!
    I know a little about your transition from PA because I moved to Orlando from Baltimore. Definite planting zone shock. I've been back in Orlando for a little over 9 years and learned a lot about Florida gardening from the great people on this forum.
    Glad to have you join the group!
    Not only are many of us very close to your age (I'm 54) but there's also quite a few with February birthdays. Can we add you to that list too?
    Kate