Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Ceiling Repair in Orlando? Recommendations?

solstice98
17 years ago

I need a good ceiling repair company. Can anyone make a recommendation? I figure that enough of you had repairs done during the hurricanes that you might have recommendations for me.

When a spot showed on the ceiling in the kitchen two weeks ago, I thought I was really on top of the problem because I called the roofing company and set up an appointment for repairs. 2 weeks didn't seem like too long to wait. Then we had our first tropical storm of the year and my spot turned into a small leak. Not good, but the repair was scheduled so I didn't panic. Then yesterday we had a major downpour and this is what I found when I got home!

Actually, that's the way it looked after I cleaned up a couple inches of water on the floor and several garbage bags full of sopping wet insulation.

This morning, to add a little spice to the situation, I heard the chatter of a squirrel and looked up to see a furry little face looking down at me from the hole! Dogs and cats erupted in a squirrel-induced frenzy. The critter was smart enough to stay where he was and I've stationed one very alert Sheltie in the kitchen to keep him/her up there.

Comments (3)