Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pllove_gw

Darn computer...

pllove
17 years ago

or dumb me? I can't get the digi chip of pictures to come up on the computer under my name ..what the hey? They come up under my husband's name..why not mine?I need computer lessons and camera lessons!..I'll gladly trade plants for lessons! LOL Peggy

Comments (14)

• lyam
    17 years ago

How do you load the pictures? Do you just plug the camera in through the USB wire, or do you have a card reader hooked up?

Tim

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tim,We have a card reader.I guess we could still use the USB wire,too? Which is best? There has to be someone on this earth that can teach us how to use all of this stuff! Peggy

• lyam
    17 years ago

The only way I've ever done it is by pluging in the camera. When you hooked up the card reader did you have to install any software? If so maybe your husband installed it under his name an forgot to check the software for use with all users. I've found that most cameras are plug an play which means that all you have to do is plug it in an the computer can read it.

Let me know what happens.

Tim

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tim,..He had me down as a limited user!Can you think of good places to look for computer lessons in home? I'm going to go thru the yellow pages on Monday...this is beyond silly. Peggy

• lyam
    17 years ago

You can see if your local community college or library offer computer lessons. Whenever I have a problem with something specific I just do a search of the internet. A good word to keep in mind if you do an internet search for for something is tutorial. Here is an example: canon a620 tutorial. With a search like that you would get a lot of returns about using the different camera options. This link takes you to the search results. The way I learned was just through trial and error. Don't worry about breaking or messing up your computer the only way to do that is if you start randomly deleteing files or taking out peices of hardware.

Tim

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Peggy - Tim's advice is good; play with it and you'll figure it out. That's going to be way better than some generic class. If you figured out how to post messages on GardenWeb you can master your camera functions.
    You can find whatever help you need on line and another good bet is to use the 'help' function at the top of every window. It shouldn't really matter whose name the photos come up under. Once you can see them, save them to a "Photos" file. Then if you want to post them here, go back the the Easy Photo Posting Instructions.
    I'm certain you can do it!
    Have fun with it,
    Kate

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Come on, Peggy! We're waiting for some photos. Show us this yard we've heard so much about. You can do it! You'll have so much fun once you get it that you'll be sorry you didn't do it sooner. Can't you hear us all clapping? (Like we all did for Tinkerbell in Peter Pan: we believe in you!)

Let me know if you have a specific question - I'm sure I can help.

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH Kate, Don't hold your breath waiting on me!..things like this... happen all the the time... at this nutty backwards dump...with a couple of nice plants and sweet animals.. Peggy

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If I send a picture to someone in an email..can they post the picture on GW? I sent a picture thru email to my sister once ..on the old computer..we might be able to handle that! LOL Peggy

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Peggy, my friend Matthew has volunteered to help you. He is the most talented computer person I have ever met!!
    Let me know and I will email you his email address and you two can arrange things. He will probably give you instructions over the phone.
    Marion

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention he is very very very handsome. Shucks I'm old enough to be his mother! LOL

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL Marion, Good looks ain't gonna do me any good...over the phone!I don't know if conversing by phone is going to help me.. I'm going to ask a couple of kids in the neighborhood and see if they can help.I did register with photobucket...it is all so confusing.My husband will be home this weekend..so maybe we can figure some of this stuff out. Peggy

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Peggy Did you print out the instructions that Kate posted here in conversations? They are a big help. I haven't found the time to sit down and go through it. If you would like Matthew's help just let me know.
    Marion

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well...after pushing the off and on button on the camera for over an hour and a half and not taking a single picture..I managed to take 4 pictures...that I hate! between lightning bolts...I couldn't be selective enough to make a good first impression...so I spent the next 4 hours ..anyway..trying to get them into photobucket and trying to post them ..had to learn how! I didn't get bit...but I feel like I was beat! LOL ..send me Matthew's email and/or phone number!LOL .. Peggy