Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyam_gw

Post a Link to Your Webpage

lyam
17 years ago

I want to see other folks webpages. It doesn't matter what it's about. I've been looking to see if people have their page listed in their GW profile, but I know I've probably missed a few.

I'll start it off with mine. Not the reason I started this =) I am really just curious to see what other people have done. I still have a bit of work to do to mine, and once I get a camera (hopefully next week) there will be a bunch of pictures to show the stuff I am talking about.

My Tampa Garden

Tim

Comments (17)

• pllove
    17 years ago

I am so bent out of shape! I can't do a darn thing with this computer or my digi camera!Wish I could find someone to help me learn a few things... Peggy

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Hi Tim,
    Great Thread and I loved your website. I have been thinking about putting one together for awhile. I still need to find a host. Do you use the one that you had a link to or is that just for the html?

I've got a link to some miscellaneous pictures that I uploaded to webshots. One of these days, I'm hoping to put them all together into a cohesive format like "from start to present" (note I didn't say finished!) and again according to species groups.

• lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I don't know a lot about digicams yet Peggy. Like I said I don't have a camera yet hopefully in a week I'll have one so I can show a whole bunch of pictures like ya'll.

Uh I just chesked an saw that I don't have my host linked. I meant too thanks for the reminder WRF. My host is 50webs. I haven't had any problems with it. There are so many free hosts out there I looked through a lot till I decided on this one.

Are you asking about the link at the bottom of the left navigation column that says Gear Mui Caliente? If so that is a link to the home page of the html editor I use it's called HTML Kit. I'm always recommending it to folks that don't already have an editor =) It's free an it has all kinds of plugins to get for it as well.

I have no affiliation with either of these other than I use them an find them useful.

Tim

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Hi Tim,

I only had a minute and just quickly looked at your link for Gear Mui Caliente. I didn't investigate so I wasn't sure if they were your web host in addition to being a html editor. I'm definitely going to give it a try and I am definitely going to check out 50webs. That is if I actually ever finish the work that I am supposed to be doing instead of playing on gardenweb. LOL.

Thank you for the links and the information! Hopefully, real soon I will have my page up and running so I can actually post it! :)

• lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No problem WRF. Whenever you get around to putting yours together, and you need some help fell free to ask. I'm no pro but i've picked up a few things. And from what I've seen of other gardeners sites there are some folks that are very good at it.

Tim

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago
  • lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

mistiaggie your page doesn't open with the www in front of geocities. Oceanic Wilderness

Great page thanks =)

Tim

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Oh that's cause I typoed...i forgot the e in ness. ;)

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Tim, I sent you a PM! I need your advice on something! :)

• lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I got your message and responded WRF.

Tim

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

Tim ~ Your website is really nice. Look forward to seeing pictures from you once you get your camera. You'll get addicted to using your digi camera. I love using ours.

Mistiaggie ~ I enjoyed your website also. It's always neat to see other peoples flowers, homes, etc. I did not like that snake in one of your pictures. YIKES! Have you been to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary? That place is really cool. We went a few years ago and reall enjoyed the primitive atmosphere and the peacefulness. Some old Florida still left.

I do have my own website, which is where my pics, etc. are all stored. I use a program called Note-tab Pro for making web pages, using html code. I just updated some pages this past Sunday and it takes hours but it is exciting and fun. I still have some work to do with text as I changed things and see that the text under pictures is not as large as I'd like it to be, so that we can read it. : -)

My DH got into computers first and he got me started and now we're both addicted. He has inspired me and encouraged me and given me some help when I need it. He thought of the name FlowerLady for my online name as I am always out in the flowers. Some of my pages are several years old and I don't have some of the same flowers, others have taken their place. I do have more pages to make and upload to website, as time permits. I work part-time managing an antique shop, and am out in the garden as much as possible when I'm not working, then there's a thing called housekeeping, I call it homecaring, and it's also something I'm working on as we declutter our tiny cottage.

Let's see more web sites as I really enjoy visiting them and getting ideas. There are lots of wonderful gardens out there and wonderful gardeners that have worked on them. Each one is a work of art. Mine is humble and a continual work in progress.

FlowerLady

Here is a link that might be useful: FlowerLady's Plum Cottage Gardens

• lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Cool site FlowerLady! I love the pictures of your flowers =) I'll be giving some of your recipes a try too.

Also I'll be adding links to everyones sites to my page.

Tim

• carmiewest
    17 years ago

Hi Tim,

Nice website! I don't have a website but I am keeping a blog. I think you have seen it before. Here is the link:

http://carmiegarden.blogspot.com/

Carmen

Here is a link that might be useful: Carmen's blog

• lyam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Carmen =) I checked it out again, and posted a comment to your most recent entry (South Florida Swap).

Tim

• digi
    16 years ago

DigiBitz Digital Equipment

Digital Cameras, Cell Phones, MP3/MP4 players, GPS Systems and other digital items...

'It's more of a hobby... to me!!'

Here is a link that might be useful: DigiBitz_Digital_Equipment

• countrynest
    16 years ago

flowerlady,
    I love your web site.Your gardens,stories and the inspirational section is so peaceful and refreshing. This is my contribution to your guest book.
    Felix

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?