Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Update from my neck of the woods

scents_from_heaven
16 years ago

Doctor told us that he would be lucky to keep Lee around the remainder of this year. My hubby had another small stroke last week and remains with slurred speech and weakness in both legs. He is having hallucinations and thinks people are here that are not here and then other times he is normal and clear in his thinking. He tires real easy and I just don't know what each day will bring. Just needed to share with someone and thanks for listening. Hope your gardens are all growing well with all the rain. Linda

Comments (26)

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm sorry you are facing hard times Linda. Enjoy each day as best as you can. I will say prayers for you and Lee. Anytime you need to talk we are hear to listen and offer a cyber hug. (((Linda)))

• laura1
    16 years ago

Linda, sorry to hear about your husband. I know it is hard on you having to be there physically and emotionally and to be so powerless to improve his situation. I will add you to my prayers. Keep us posted with updates and use your friends as support to get you through.
    Laura

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Linda - thanks for letting us know what's going on with Lee and with you. You'll be in my prayers.
    Kate

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Hang in there.
    Take care,
    Lynne

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Thoughts and prayers from my house to yours. Thanks for letting us know.
    Marion

• nami
    16 years ago

Laura, here's wishing you and Lee strength through these hard times.

hugs,
    nami

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry, Laura.

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

(((((Big Hug)))))) I'm sorry to hear about Lee. Take good care of him and yourself. If you need to, find out about hopspice. They will help you so much.
    Kristi

• cindeea
    16 years ago

(((Linda))) you and Lee are in my prayers. Let us know when you need us. We're always here for you.

• gardenbrat72
    16 years ago

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear that. HUGS to you. You and Lee will be in my thoughts.

Kitiera

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Dear Linda ~ Love, hugs and prayers for you and Lee.

FlowerLady

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you guys for the support and prayers. They have kepy him alive longer than the doctors gace his this tume last year. Hug

Today we are celebrating his 78th birthday. He is not feeling well so our party will wait until the weekend or next week. I am taking him to a train show in Deland the first part of July. I love you each and every one. Linda

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Linda~Please extend Birthday Wishes to Lee for me!
    ((Hugs))
    Marion

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

My prayers are with you and Lee.
    Best Birthday wishes too.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, guys. I felt so down because I learned that I have developed a lot of diabetic complications around the same time as the doctor gave us the news about Lee. I know God has his own time table so I put Lee in his hands and take each day as it comes. I just cherish him and prepare for a day when I will no longer have him. Ir helps me to let God take control. Just sometimes I need to share my pain. I have had a lot to face medical wise since I was born and I will handle what is happening now, but it was overwhelming at the time. I thank God for all of the new friends he has brought my way via this forum. I love each of you in a most special way. Linda

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Dear Linda ~ Enjoy Lee's birthday together, quietly with lots of love shared between you. Each day we have is a gift. I will keep you in my prayers also with your health and for God's peace to surround you at this time.

FlowerLady

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Hi Linda,

Thinking of you.

Cliff

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago

Hi Linda,

I was just wondering how you and Lee are doing this week. You are both in my prayers and I'm thinking of you.

Hugs, Betsy

• cometgirl_2006
    16 years ago

Hi:

Love and prayers from my home to you!

Cometgirl

• ariel73
    16 years ago

I am so sorry. You both are in my prayers.
    Ariel

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello everyone and thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. I know that prayer works because Lee is still alive when doctors thought he would not make it past Christmas last year. Well he is still with us and is still cantankerous which lets me know that he is still alive and kicking. He does spend more and more time in bed and tomorrow we will learn what the Doppler of his neck and echo shows so that we know more where we stand. He still has the idea that he will get better though the doctors and I know otherwise. He has been made aware of everything but due to the bleed on his brain before I met him he does not have good short term memory so he forgets. I think it is this belief that keeps him going. Thank you for being dear friends and caring about him.

As for me, well diabetic complications have set in with a vengeance along with the strangest rash and itch that anyone could ever have. The itch has been diagnosed as a honest to good allergy to heat. I am on antihistamines and prednisone at the moment (the prednisone is what makes my blood sugar so crazy). The itch has been so bad that I am taking 100 mg of vistaril and sleeping for 30 minutes and being up for an hour before dosing off once again. I spend a lot of the evening hours outside observing, feeling and losing myself in the night. I have developed kidney issues along with the retinopathy and neuropathy. I saw a new endocrinologist yesterday and she is running tons of test to see what else is happening in my body. Prednisone usually causes you to gain weight but I lost 28 pounds in a week and am still losing. The weight lose is good but not in this manner. Missing the amount of work I have this month is also wearing on us as it is my income that keeps us fed and pays a lot of the bills. Oh well, God always provides and I place my trust in him.

For those who know a little about my new business adventure I will now give an update and fill you all in on some of the details. The man with whom I entered into the endeavor is not the type of person I wish to do business with so we have split. He is the type who is get it done yesterday and because of that he has made a lot of errors and created some bad first impressions. The up side of all of this is that I have discovered that I can run my own business and my other partner from the first business has joined with me. I am the detail person who does all the marketing research and all the background data that needs to be done before you run gun ho into business. I know what areas are saturated around the Orlando area and where there are areas that need filling. I also am bringing a new item to our business in that I will be combining my writing skills along with photography and desktop publication. I am finalizing our business plan and beginning the process of seeking funding etc. Please pray for our business. If you need a photographer or party planner let us know. We are cheap at the moment.

My garden is suffering because I can not go outside at the moment but for very short periods. I have been working a little at night but because there is still evidence that the cobra is still in the area I am not willing to do a lot of work in areas that are not that well lit. I am starting tons of new seeds in preparation for Kates trade and fall gardening. My beefsteak tomato continues to grow and produce the most wonderfully flavored maters. I am saving seeds.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your prayers. I keep all of you in my prayers each night and if there is ever anything in particular that you would like prayer for please do not hesitate to let me know and I will pray for your particular issues. Love you guys, Linda

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello everyone and do I have some good news and miraculous news. PRAYER WORKS!

Hubby had another echo of his heart. The last time he was tested he had less than 20% oxygenated blood flowing through his body and he had approximately 48 % of his heart muscle was functioning. He was told the other part was dead. The new test shows that he now has 40% oxygenated blood flowing through his body and 55% is what they consider normal. The miraculous news is that he has regained function of some of the presumed dead heart muscle. He now has 75% of his heart muscle working. The doctors are scratching their heads and stating they have never ever seen that happy. Lee and I know who made it happen - all the prayers of our dear garden web friends and other prayers and by God's grace Lee has been partially brought back from the dead. THANK YOU so much for your prayers. Linda

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Oh Linda what wonderful news. Give Lee a big thumbs up and I'll keep you both in my prayers.
    Marion

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo! Fantastic news!

• nami
    16 years ago

Linda Wow! That is fantastic news! I am so glad for you and Lee.Here's wishing him all the best!

Take Care

love,
    nami

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, that is great news. Take care. Lynne

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator