Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmarion_gw

I need your opinion...pleeze!

msmarion
16 years ago

I have a garden decorating question for ya'll...I bought a garden fountain that's an 36" tall little girl angel. It's the cutest angel I've seen, she his holding a heart shaped dish and the water will flow over the edge of the dish. She is going on our patio in the corner where there is a triangle cut out of the cement for plants etc. I currently have a cobalt blue (fiberglass from HD) urn there that has light colored river rock. She's grey concrete...would you paint her?

Thanks Marion

Comments (15)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

I would leave her gray. I might glue on some cobalt blue glass bits - like the ones you use in vases - around the edges of her dish.

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

What Kate said. You might be very disappointed if you you paint her. The way you found her is part of what made you fall for her.

Cliff

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Very wise, Cliff. I like the way you said that. I often buy something then decide I'm going to 'improve' it. Sometimes it works but usually exactly what you said is true - I bought it because I already liked the way it looked!

• zozzl
    16 years ago

Kate,

I notice you are advising gluing something onto it:) I think you have a bad case of mosaicitis, lol!

Pat

• solstice98
    16 years ago

You got me! I'm putting glass beads on every thing! The dogs don't even take naps around me anymore for fear they'll wake up with sparklies all over them.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Kate, I have one of those fountains with a pitcher at the top pouring into 3 small bowls below. I put those glass beads in the water to make it sparkle (along with river rock). I also use the glass beads on top of potted plants soil to pretty up the dirt!

Marion, share a picture of your angel with us. I'd love to see her. Are you going to name her "Cindee"??? hee hee

• wanda662
    16 years ago

All cool ideas, if you want an old classic look, how about a bronze color with the blue beads? It's a thought.

• msmarion
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'd post photos but I can't seem to make photobucket work with all the other photo programs DH has in this computer. I can't figure it out and he just gets frustrated trying to teach me. The ADD gets in my way and I lose interest. Someday I'll figure it out.

• msmarion
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can vision her all painted, but I was thinking of doing the yogert and moss to make her look old.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

"yogert and moss" ????

Tell me more!

• msmarion
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I really do know how to spell yogurt. This is one way to age a pot or statue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here!

• msmarion
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

I've also heard beer (due to the yeast) would also work. But I ain't wasting of my precious beer to get mold! lol

• julieyankfan
    16 years ago

Are you sure she's concrete and not that resin that looks like concrete? Either way, don't paint her. If she's concrete, eventually the water will wear off the paint and you'll be touching it up forever. If she's resin the water will wear off the paint.

I have a concrete fountain in front of the house, a resin one in back and I take care of a resin one at church, so I've had some experience with painting them.

Julie

• msmarion
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh she's concrete she has to weigh 150#.
    Thanks everyone I'm gonna let her age and see what she looks like after rainy season. Of course it will probably be this time next year before she gets to her home. LOL DH keeps booking motorcycle events for us to do on Sunday's. LOL Oh the joys of being self-employed.