Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

I see dead neighbors...............................

goldenpond
14 years ago

Not what you think,,,,

When we were having our ponds dug the next door neighbor and my hub got together to plan how to help drain his property also . DH felt bad as he was doing dialysis 3 X a week so he said he'd pay hi $1500 to have our dirt guy dig a swaile for him and allow it to run through OUR property and out the back to the proper place. His property always held water as did ours and there never was any drainage for either of us.

Well after it was all said and done the man passed away. We couldn't really go after the money by then his wife was in jail for writing bad checks and there are several leins against the property. So we chalked it up to being neighborly. A few years have gone by and she has a new man living with her(shes outta jail)But my neighbor across the street from us just told us the new BO thinks all the water on his property is from OUR pond!

Now did I mention they have not mowed their property since Christmas so he probably cannot even FIND the swaile!

My poor hubby came in muttering how it just doesn't pay to be neighborly some days.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus