Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jupiterplants

dog friendly hotels

jupiterplants
16 years ago

Hi,

I have been looking on the internet for a dog friendly hotel near Disney and I though someone could give me some direction.

It doesn`t need to be right in Kissimmee........ a little drive would be okay.

Trouble is I have 2 dogs......... one is 20 pounds and the ( sweet docile one) is 100.

Plus I need them to have some kind of kennel facility during the day while we play. Both are very good dogs.

There is nothing as good a personal experience, so I was hoping maybe all you central Florida people could help.

Thanks,

D`Ann

Comments (12)

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

D'Ann, doesn't Disney have a kennel right there? I boarded 2 Mastiffs there many years ago, in January, when I was on a Dog-Show Circut and had a free day to play. The kennels were very nice, clean, and the dogs were fine.

Lisa

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention that the AAA (American Automobile Association) booklets indicate hotels that take dogs. Some are friendlier than others. Some high-end ones cater to pets..

I used to stay at the major medium-quality hotel chains when I showed my dogs all over the state. It has become more difficult. Sometimes the places that accept dogs are horrible dives, and others place weight limits. Funny how they don't place weight limits on people, who also pee and poop in hotels, not even outside!

Lisa

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Maybe Linda will see this since she works as a photographer for Disney and can recommend some place for you D'Ann, you might try emailing her.

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Here is a hotel near to Disney that did not give a weight limit on pets. It is a nice hotel and you are not far from the Disney property. In fact you would be approximately a mile. You can go to www.hotels. com for more hotels.

Disney does not allow pets in any of their hotels, but there are kennels at each park. The rates are $15 per pet per day for an overnight stay. It is $10 per pet per day for daily boarding. The pets receive excellent care.

Here is another site for locating pet friendly hotels.
    http:\www.letsgopets,com

If I can assisr you in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me. My email is: loverofdisney@hotmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Comfort Inn

• jupiterplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everybody,

Steve has only taken a vacation with me 1 time since 1997. The dogs were so freaked out when we got back, he doesn`t want to leave them again.
    I don`t want it to be to expensive or dive. After being cooped up in a kennel all day i thought it would need a place to let them burn off some steam. When I search the internet there seem to be allot of restriction.
    D`Ann

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

The kennels at Disney encourage you to stop by and walk and play with your pets. If you have really long leasges they have an area where you can allow them to run. There are several good boarding kennels in the area that have running pens, etc and they are not that far from Disney. Allow me to do a little more research for you. Can you give me a ballpark figure you would like to spend? There are some campgrounds if you are interested in renting a camper, going tenting, etc that allow pets. Linda

• maureen155
    16 years ago

I stayed in a "dog friendly" hotel once with my two little bichons. It cost $20 extra to have the dogs, but I figured that was ok.

I didn't get a wink of sleep that night because I think every other room in the hotel had a doggie in it too and all the doggies (including my little angels) spent the entire night barking at one another. Plus the bed had fleas. It was a horrible experience.

Please do research carefully.

Maureen

• jupiterplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ooooooooowwwwwwww.

Maureen , this is exactly what I am afraid of.
    Like I said , Steve is a homebody, doesn`t like to travel.
    An old website, someone ditsy on the phone with wrong info.

One bad experience and I will NEVER get my old man out of town again :(

LOL , D`Ann

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

We travel with our bichon to NJ all the time and Motel 6 takes dogs. They have even been advertizing it lately on TV. There must be one in the area. They have always been clean, but not real fancy.

• jupiterplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again, everybody.

I am taking notes.........

D`Ann

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Wouldn't it be easier to board the fur babies somewhere local? We had a place in Stuart that had great acomidations (sp?). The owner Jack just loved Peati, she always got special treatment and lots of playtime. Sadly, he and his wife retired. I have a friend who takes her when we go away, Peati loves her and Kristen is always sad when it's time for Peati to go home.
    There are also services that do dog sitting. Good ones are insured and will willing give references. Food for thought.
    Hope you enjoy your trip!

• jupiterplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Marion,
    When we boarded them locally....they were freaked out.

If we bring them with us , then the time that they are in the kennel during the day is no different that if we were at work. At least we would see the in the pm.

Maybe most dogs don`t have the concept of time, but ours do. Smart little $#@*^=* !!!!!!!

lol, D`Ann