Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopeful_in_brevard

Another event this one cute and funny.

hopeful_in_Brevard
16 years ago

I have 3 cats. Toots (grand old man) Sherman ( sweet young and handsom but not the sharpest crayon in the box.

and then there is little Annie, one year old. Annie is indoor and the boys are in and out. In the middle of the night Annie started meowing and she kept it up for quite a while. When she came to our closed door and continued loudly, I figured she was trying to tell me something. Finally I got up (4:30AM), she kept meowing at me. It had been raining quite a while. Then I realized I hadn't brought the boy's in. Toots was on the window sill. I went to the door and called both of them in, dryed them off and went back to bed. She was happy and quite meowing.

She got her message across. Animals are amazing.

Comments (5)

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Pat, how sweet is that!! Annie loves her big brothers and wanted them in out of the rain. They truly are amazing.

Now tell me how to keep my neighbor's cat from climbing my trees after the birds.

Ginny

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Cute story. What a nice sister. I've never had a cat always dogs. I don't know if I could hack the litter box.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

My cats always alert me when something is going on. I just love them. Your story about Annie is very touching! If there is a stranger near our home, especially at night, Tootie will come inside the bedroom, stand on my chest and MEOW like crazy until Dennis or I get up to see what critter or person is close to the house. If Dennis is away, she will sleep by the door of the bedroom rather than at the foot of ther bed-her usual nightime spot, like a guard dog. If Tootie gets outside and we miss it. Smudge will come running and meowing and then lead me out to the patio door so I can let Big sis in. If there are grackles, cowbirds or mockers in the feeders, Tootie and Smudge will run them off by jumping at the screen. When there are cardinals or doves, they lay by screen and do not bother them. The only time I had a hummingbird, Tootie came to me turning in circles to follow her and mewing softly, she showed me the hummer at my feeder. I swear, if anyone ever broke into our house, our best weapon would be Tootie. She'd claw their eyes out. She is very protective. I take throwing Tootie at them over a shotgun any day and twice on Sunday!

Here's my girls-13 and 14 years old
    SMUDGE
    {{gwi:757664}}
    TOOTIE
    {{gwi:757666}}

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How did you come to name your girl Tootie. We named our cat Toots. My daughter hates it, but I explained to her my Mom would refer to our feet as tootsies. Toots has 4 white feet. He is pretty old now. Hope he lasts a while longer. He favors my husband and DH needs that, it will break his heart when we lose him.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hopeful, after a long relationship ended for me and I moved on to my own condo apartment, one of my friends from work and her daughter came by to see me one day. Kathy was opening my cupboards and closets and snooping around. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she and her daughter Morgan wanted to get me a house warming present but it looked like I had everything I needed. Well Morgan came out of my bedroom and exclaimed "MOM! She does not have everything, she has no kitties in her new house". I have always had cats and my former relationship came with 2. A brother and sister. My Ex wanted me to take one of them with me but I could not bring myself to breaking them apart. So, Kathy came in to work one day and said she and Morgan had put a kitten on lay-away for me at her vets. I just had to go pick out the one I wanted. Kathy's Nick Name is Tootie-her hubby gave her that name in High School. Smudge is named for the way she looks. She is a tortise and her colors are just all smudged together. Tootie was being boarded one week when I was traveling. When I came home and went to pick her up, she had adopted Smudgie at the same Vets where she was born. Wouldn't let the attendants near her! She has been protective of Smudge ever since!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm