Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynne_melb

Good thoughts and prayers please

lynne_melb
16 years ago

My 53 year old sister died on July 3. She courageously fought a 5 year battle against ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). We had a lot of good times during those years, and I never heard her complain.

Her funeral service is today. Good thoughts and prayers are appreciated, especially for her husband and her twin sister.

As some of you may know, we moved from the Chicago area to central Florida 3 years ago, to be with my siblings and their families. One of the big reasons was to be with her. We live 5 minutes from her house, and I am so glad that I was able to spend so much time with her, and have so much fun.

My parents and siblings moved to Florida 32 years ago, while I stayed in the Chicago area because of my job. I am so glad that I got to spend so much time with her.

Thanks

Lynne

Comments (15)

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

A 5 year struggle with ALS , what a nightmare !
    Paternal uncle had it too.
    So sorry.

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Lynne,

Very sorry for your recent loss. Positive thoughts-n-prayers heading your way.

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Lynne, I can't imagine what she had to endure these past five years. Having family close must have made it bearable for your sis. Take comfort in your memories.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Marion

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Lynne, Jack and I both send our deepest condolences. I know how much your sister meant to you and so glad you got to spend these past few years together. Our prayers are with you and the family.

Ginny and Jack

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Donna Lynne-hugs girl! I worked with The local Muscular Dystrophy assn for ten years, and I know the pain she lived with. God bless, hon, and let us know if we can help.

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Lynne, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are you with and your family.

• maureen155
    16 years ago

Lynne,

I'm so sorry about your sister and I'm really glad for you that you were able to spend time with her during the last few years.

Having someone you love die is the most difficult thing I think we face. Hang on tight and you'll be ok. It takes some time.

Maureen

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

You're a good sister, Lynne. We're glad you moved here.
    Big hugs for you and your family.
    Kristi

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Donna Lynne,
    You have my deepest sympathy for this great loss. I know you will carry with you forever the memories of your time together.
    Good thoughts, prayers and hugs,
    Kate

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago

Lynne, I am so sorry for your loss. May your hurt ease in the coming days and take comfort in the good memories.
    Peace to you,
    Betsy

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

I wish the best for you and your family. You have my sympathy.

• lynne_melb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

We are so glad that she is in a better place, and thankful that we had her as long as we did. When she and her twin were born, they were so small that neither were expected to live. So now I'm thankful for my miracle sisters.

Lynne

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

Hi Lynne...so sorry to hear that you've had to part with your sister for awhile. My thoughts and prayers are with you...this has to be a very, very difficult time for you. I know you cherish the wonderful memories! Beth

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Dearest Lynne, I too lost my Sister to ALS. It is a horrible thing to witness I know. When I say "I feel your pain" I truely do. She was my mentor, my confidant, and also best friend. She was young too just 46 when she was finally released from the bondage of a nonfunctioning body. We last communicated with her only being able to blink her eyes. I think of her daily though she has been gone for nearly 18 years. She is in my heart and my thoughts and my prayers. There is little that I can say to comfort you as I am the worst with knowing just the right thing to say. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and find comfort in the happy memories of better days with her and knowing that she is not suffering. How wonderful that you came to be with her and I am sure you were a huge comfort. May God bless you and your family.
    Welcome to the GW you are among friends here.
    Kat

• lynne_melb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Beth and Kat.
    Kat, I'm so sorry that your sister, you and your family had to go through this also.
    Everyone's thoughts and prayers mean so much. Thank you.
    Lynne

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor