Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nytrinigemini

Pet trust

nytrinigemini
16 years ago

I know alot of garden webbers have animals and I just wanted to share some information I obtained while doing some research. In Florida as well as a few other states pet owners can set up what is called a pet trust. Its like a trust fund for humans only the beneficiary of course is the animal. This pet trust ensures that when an pet owner passes their animals (who many treat as children and members of the family) are cared for after the death of the owner. The pet trust must appoint a trustee and a caretaker ...the two should not be the same person...just to maintain checks and balances...

Now I know many people are probably thinking why set up a trust for the animals ...someone will take care of them...and while that is probably true for most people, some people do not have anyone in their lives that would care for their animals the way they have been. For instance, I have an english bulldog....as many may know they have numerous medical problems and the care for them might be a little expensive...a pet trust help ensure that the person you leave your beloved pet to can afford to care for your animal the way you always have.

Just a little info for anyone who wants to use it :-)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County