Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nytrinigemini

Playdate #3

nytrinigemini
16 years ago

I just received a whole bunch of Plumeria seeds...is anyone interested in some....I have no idea what color they are...

and thanks ginny for the orange viney thingy... :-)

Comments (43)

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

I can bring Dwarf Mulberry tree cuttings if someone is interested. They are usually very easy to root and are an ever bearing type. I wont cut and bring any unless there is interest.

Tony

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Tony, I would love to try a dwarf mulberry cutting.

Ginny

• JoanM
    16 years ago

I've never seen a thread go over 300 posts before. Is this a record?

I got the directions thanks.

• nytrinigemini
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tonyk I will take a mulberry cutting too if you have enough...and treefrog I did get the directions thank you :-)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Oh man I wish I could join you all! This sounds like it's going to be an epic gathering. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Kate

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Well, once again, all I can say is save some of those plants and come to my swap Aug/Sept.

Oh Yeah, there's something else I can say........

I miss you guys already!!

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Hey Michele,

I would love some Plumie seeds, Please. : ) I'm a plumie whore..lol

I have a couple cuttings of Chilean Allamanda if anyone is interested. Just ike the common yellow Allamanda except the blooms are alot bigger as well as the leaves.

Tony,

I would like to try a cutting of your Dwarf Mulberry too, please.

Tropicalfreak

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

You guys got it, I will snip some branches in the morning b4 we leave.

Here is a pic of it. It is up against the fence with a 6ft ladder to its left for height reference.

Its kinda sorta a weeping type and its ever bearing. I think this is possibly the max height because it hasnt gotten any taller in the past few months. This tree is from a cutting I took of the original tree I bought just before giving it away one year ago. It grows fast. Nothing seems to bother it. Cardinals and Mockingbirds love the fruit at certain times of the yr. The fruit is seedless too.

{{gwi:758157}}

• nytrinigemini
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tropical Freak I will be glad to bring you some plumie seeds...I would like a piece of that allamanda...only if no one else wants it :-)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Cliff or Trini, if you end up with too many plumie seeds, don't forget this old gardener in Orlando! I'll send a SASE to anyone willing to share a few seeds.
    Kate

• nytrinigemini
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Solstice I will be more than happy to share some seeds with you....email me... Michele

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Cliff, I'd like to try a piece of Chilean Allamanda. I love vines. Well, ok, I love all plants, especially vines. :o)

I am bringing some seeds to the royal poicianna and the dwarf yellow.

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Does anyone want some 1 gal and 3 gal plastic pots? David or Ricky, maybe?

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

I can bring seeds back for Kate.

Whoever has cut a deal with Ariel, be sure to see me to bring it back to Orlando for her. I dont know the details other than I will be a mule for Ariel. I'd hate to not get whatever it is for her.

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Katkin,

I could use a couple 3 gal pots please, if you can spare.

I have seeds for Royal Poinciana and The Yellow..thank you tho.

Cliff

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Someone, please save me some Royal Poinciana seeds. If there's any left over I'll SASE for them. Just a couple, don't need a lot. Have fun you guys!

• growgrow
    16 years ago

Ok,
    my computer is back running!!!
    Yesterday I picked up 23lb of different mango varieties.
    Along with Lisa's this should be a fun tasting.
    I received dirrections to Kat's and Treefrog's, and Tony's
    email.
    Hopefully this is behind me. I have a brand new hard drive and new operating system. And it won't crash on me again.
    I am looking forward to tomorrow.
    Veronika

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Any interest in noid Kalanchoe's ? These bloom red. They grow easy, full sun. I have a few rooted pieces as well as cuttings.

let me know.

{{gwi:758160}}

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

Treefrog, with all those lovely Mangos, do you want me to bring a VitaMix (big, sturdy blender) to make smoothies or Mango ices/ice cream?

Lisa

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

Hi All,

One last request.
    does anybody have( PINK ) mini royal Poinciana tree seeds?

I got 6 from one of our nice g webbers but she warned me that they may not be viable....and they wern`t.......

Thanks, D`Ann

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

D'Ann - We're going back to Negril over Labor Day Weekend. The place we stay at has two pink dwarf Poincianas. I will be bringing back as many seeds as I can collect. I'll be more than happy to save you some.

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Katkin~ I will take any and all pots you want to dispose of. I take them to the Community College and they are very grateful for the donations!
    kat

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Cindee, check your email. ;o)

Kat, I'll bring the pots, but Cliff wants some. :o)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

I can bring a load of pots as well. Who wants them?

• growgrow
    16 years ago

Ricky,
    I do. I never have enough.
    Thanks
    Veronika

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Ricky,
    I'm trying to come up with something to swap for your crotons. I have quite a few bromeliads, but not sure what you have. Any interest in Neo. 'Kahala Dawn Reverse' or A. 'Del Mar'?

Ginny

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thanks Kathy for offering me the poinciana seeds! You are a sweetie! I sure wish we were closer and you could make it over to my swap! I will make sure anyone coming from your neck of the woods gets the Cordifolia, the Talinum succulents and the Epi Ciliare to bring back to you.

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

That would be great.

Thanks Ricky :)

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Just wanna make sure I have my list correct:

Katkin: Pink Alpinia, Chilean Allamanda
    Treefrog: Pink Alpinia
    Helen: Tabebuia Seedlings (non-yellow)
    Michele: Prickless Pear, Pink Alpinia & Chilean Allmanada
    MsMarion: Christmas Cactus

Is that everyone that wanted something I listed?? Everything/one accounted for that spoke up??
    Anyone else want anything??

Tropcialfreak

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Hey Cindee, I couldn't get the seeds in today's mail, so they'll go out Mon. Who know's maybe somehow I'll make it to Tampa. Still we'll miss you tomorrow.

See you all in the Am.

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Ditto what Kat said, We WILL miss you Cindee. Take this time to rest up and start as many plants as ya can.

House is starting to smell like a bakery here with MB just now baking up the buns.

We plan on leaving here at 7am, See the rest of ya's in the am.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Tony - if you could bring some plumeria seeds back for me from Michele that would be awesome! Maybe I can get a couple mulberry cuttings from you when I pick them up?

Thanks Michele for the seed offer!

I'm sorry I'll miss you all! Hope to see you in October!

Kate

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Katkin-no worry, my dear. I am just tickled you have a couple of seeds to send me.

Tony tell "Saint" MB to get her butterlicious buns out before they burn! Please come to my swap!!! You will get to meet "Saint Dennis" and see his marvelous creations! And bring me a mulberry!

Kate-there's no way I can do Orlando, so I hope you have a wonderful gathering of friends.

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

Cindee and Kate,
    We'll surely be thinking of you both and certainly talking about you behind your backs. Hope your ears burn all day.
    Course we'll be missing you too.

Somebody bring a camera, and a knack for candid photos.
    Just don't point it at me!
    This is going to be some serious fun.

I can smell Saint Mary Beth's delicious buns already.
    My end of food prep is just about done, and the whole house and yard smell scrumptious.

Can hardly wait to see you all!

Treefrog

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Cindee,

Wish you could come. Feel better.

Kate,
    I also wish you could come. Would be nice to see you again too.

Cliff

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Well, the chocolate chip cookies are cooling and the brownies will be done in the early morning. Sorry, guys I just couldn't muster any more creativity than this. It's been a long stressful week. I am so looking forward to tomorrow.
    The batteries in my camera are charging as I type this.

Treefrog, do you need additional serving bowls, platters, spoons etc.? I'll check in before I leave. I'm planning on leaving about 9.

Cindee, Linda, Kate and everyone else we will miss you.

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

I thought I was going to get to come afterall and had to admit my husband to hospital. You guys have lots of fun for me and enjoy those mangoes. Boy am I jealous. Everyone give Champion Preston and scratch for me. Linda

• Lady
    16 years ago

Tony your mulberry looks just like mine, dwarf everberring. The pictures I have seen of weeping don't stand up near as much, are you sure its weeping?

Those of us who couldn't go want to see pictures and hear all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

hey, what's going on...my ears are burning...who's talking about me?

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

"What happens in Treefrog's Garden ~ Stays in Treefrog's Garden" LOL!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

somehow Linda, I get the feeling that What Happens in Treefroggy's Garden will be on Oprah tomorrow!!! yuk yuk yuk! Me, I am going to hit the pool and drink! to their misbehavin'.

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Hi Robin,

If it looks like yours and if yours isnt a weeper, I guess mine isnt either. The branches from shoulder high will/do droop to the ground. While it definitely doesnt droop like a weeping willow, it is between that and some upright growth habit tree.

I have never seen a mulberry droop more, but that dont mean anything, I am positive there are a gazillion things I havent seen so far.

If you were able to root any of the branches, perhaps you can trade it off for something great. You heard about the guy trading a paper clip ultimately for a house havent ya?

You were missed today!

tony

• Lady
    16 years ago

LOL. Tony my cuttings didn't even make it home. I was so sad! I didn't mean yours wasn't a weeper it just looks so much like mine and mine was sold to me as dwarf everberring. Maybe they are one in the same sold under different names, if you can imagine that happening ;) I meant to say in pictures of weeping plants, not necessarily mulberries, they seem to droop so much more. I got my tree cause of your wonderful recommendations and I love it, thanks.