Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
growgrow

Next play date at Veronika's

growgrow
16 years ago

While there is an extra attention to this discussion forum:

I would like to invite everybody to the next play date (sort of follow up on Treefrog's) at my garden (Boynton Beach, east of I-95). I am thinking Sunday in September (possibly the 9th). I know this is very in an advance, I just wanted to put the word out!!!

Veronika

Comments (27)

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

good deal ! :)

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

Oh Cindee! Road trip!

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Hey me too! Oh Kat!

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Sunday, September 9th is opening day of the 2007 NFL season. I'm committed to keeping my butt in front of the TV and watching the Bears.

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ricky,
    The date is still negotiable! So, what would work better?
    I am guessing that from that day every Sunday you are doing the same? So, before that would be better?
    (I am assuming that the By week of Chicago you are doing the swap?) ;-)
    Veronika

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Saturday would be the best for me, but many work. Sunday Sept 23rd, the Bears play at 7:15pm, so I'm good that day. The Sunday before the 9th is Labor Day weekend; we'll be in Jamaica. The Bears' bye week is the first weekend in November and I was thinking about a Swap-A-Que that weekend.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

I'll be up in Tallahassee clerking at the Supreme Court :-)

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Sounds like fun, I'll try to make it. ;o)

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great guys, come on over!!!
    Sorry Michele that you won't be here, but I bet you will have a great time in your internship.
    How would the 23rd of September work for everybody?
    Veronika

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Veronika - count me in for the 23rd. But if the group wants the 9th, go with it. You're a short drive for me, so we could come and spend some time in the morning and leave right after lunch. I'd love to see your garden either way.

By the way, did you see the ferns in my Scotland photos? I was thinking of you every time we saw a massive hillside planting of them!

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK, 23rd of September it is. Unless I hear some other ideas...

Ricky, my computer collapsed last week..so I was behind reading all the post. I missed your Scotland pictures, so I went back and looked them up. Beautiful!!! I love the ferns, I always admire them when I go back to Czech. They are happily growing in most odd places without any care what so ever. And they look so proudly, like they have been growing there for millions of years. I especially like the wispy ones, but those are hard to grow down here.
    Very nice pictures, you must have had a great time. (Thanks for pointing those out to me, I would have completely missed them).
    With all your traveling, have you ever been to the Czech republic yet (Praque)?
    Veronika

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Next summer - Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and a few days in Amsterdam at the end (heh!)

• cindeea
    16 years ago

I gotta figure out how to stow away in your travel bags, Ricky. I love to travel but have been unable to do so in the past few years. My destinations of desire are Italy, still have lots of my Father's family there and greece, while I am in the neighborhood. I also dream of cruising to Alaska...for now, I just dream. Get this damn body fixed and then see me GO!

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Hey, Cindee, you and I have the same travel dreams. Aren't this aging falling apart bodies a pain in the you know where? Linda

• Lady
    16 years ago

Boo Hoo another event I can't do. I would love to join you guys but will be in Connecticut that week.

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Robin,
    the date is still flexible....No worries.
    We will work it out somehow to make everybody happy :-)
    Veronika

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

Veronika, I think the 23rd will work out for most of us east coasters. I'd really love to see your gingers before they go to sleep for the winter!
    (And your little boy is a treasure)

if you need help I'm at
    sjkdavis at bellsouth dot net

• Lady
    16 years ago

Don't worry about the date Veronika. Maybe some of you will come to Cindee's trade on Sept 2. Barbcoleus and I are inviting folks to visit our gardens as well so it will be worth the trip.

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, Let's keep in on the 23rd and see who will make it this time. There is always a next time, too.
    Lady, I would love to come to see your place and do the swap.
    Are you doing the tour on one day and the swap the next?
    I would have to take my boy with me, and don't know how I would work out the legistics.
    Coffeemom, it would be good to have you.
    Veronika

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bump

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Hello Veronika!

I'm hoping to come! I'll have some different varieties of figs and pomegrantz that I'm trying to root right now. OK, talk to you soon!

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great Helen,
    we missed you at Treefrogs.
    I am glad to hear, that everything is fine with you.
    It sounds that you are driving daily by the area where I live (east of 95, Woolbright exit) if you ever feel like stopping by for a coffee send me an email at vdolezalovaATbellsouthDOTnet.
    If you think of me with the american beauty cutting for the swap, I would be thrilled.
    Thanks Veronika

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hey Veronika, since Lady doesn't get on line that often I will answer for her. Sept. 2nd is the plant swap at my place. Some folks are staying over and of course there is a lot of interest in the local gardeners to tour Lady's and Barb's gardens the next day. You and your son are welcome to both the swap on Sept. 2 and the tours on Sept. 3. Check the exchange page for updates on the swap and tour. I hope you can make both days!!

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Hi Veronika!

Of course I have the AB for you...as a matter of fact I think I have a nice size rooted one. I also have the PG you gave me? Are you ok with that one or do you need a chunk back? I know I have some other things for you that I was supposed to bring to treefrogs, I still have them (whatever they were - I'll have to hunt up the old thread lol). Besides my new job, I've been back and forth to Tallahassee THREE TIMES in the past month! I like to drive but my weekly commute is 450 miles plus the 900 + miles back and forth from Tally so when I finally get home all I wanna do is (try to) run and play with my plants LOL.

Let me know if there's anything else you wanted, maybe I can stop by and drop them off one day.

Thanks again!
    Helen

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Cindy,
    the more I think about it, as much as I want to come and see you all, I will skip this one. Just thinking that it would be to much and not being able to enjoy with the little one. You have a great time, and please take lots of pictures during the swap and tours, so we can feel like being there.

Helen, that is a lot of driving, LOL. I have the physical graffity already planted at the post. But the other markers have washed of, and even I know that I have some AB here in the pot, I also had some other no fruiting varieties and now I can not tell them appart. I want to plant the AB at the post, and really make sure that it is the one.
    I had some other stuff for you, I ended giving it up to Katkin. (I brought you some surprise gingers). But when you are here you can take your pick.
    Veronika

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Wow, It is Sept all ready. Time to start getting ready for this swap. I think it should be fun. And I can't wait to your garden, Veronika.

• growgrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Katkin, time flies....doesn't it?
    I better start weeding...LOL
    Anyway, I am looking forward to see you all.
    Send me an email at vdolezalovaATbellsouthDOTnet for directions.
    Do you guys feel like trading, or will we just hang out and leave the big trades for Ricky's?
    Veronika

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting