Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Need your good wishes once again

scents_from_heaven
16 years ago

We received a message from Lee's next to oldest son, Kurt that has us nervous and upset. Kurt was on vacation last week in Gatlinburg with all his siblings, etc and was rushed to the local hospital. He was then transferred to another hospital where a CAT scan revealed a mass in his intestines. He is undergoing tests today to determine if the mass is cancerous and what the necessary course of action needs to be. If it is cancerous they will decide if it has spread or is localized. He has been having abdominal pains for months but refused to see the doctor. He has always been healthy and thus has not received regular physicals or recommended tests for his age (he is 48). I will update when we hear the results.

Please keep him in your prayers. We know that prayer works as evidenced by Lee's improvement against odds. Also please get your yearly physicals and recommended tests. I love you guys, Linda

Comments (13)

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

So sorry. Hope itis a false alarm.

See you Sunday ?

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepson. Of course I will keep good thoughts for him.
    Marion

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Be strong, prayers your way.

Tony

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, sending good thoughts for him.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

He had the tests and things do not look good. he has a solid nodule in his colon and all they say is that the mass is in the abdomen. No one has said where it is. We will know Tuesday when they are going to do surgery to remove the mass and what they will be doing with his colon. Thanks for the good wishes and prayers. Of course all of this is hard on Lee. Linda

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Linda,
    You have been through so much and provided care for your family thoughout it all. You might want to check out two other forums on GardenWeb for some special support. During the past few years of struggles with my mother I found great comfort at the Caregivers Forum and then more recently at the Grieving Forum. Just when you think you can't take anymore or give anymore, those people will give you a shoulder to lean on and the special help that comes from people who truly do understand what you are going through.

Prayers and good wishes for you, Lee and the whole family.
    Kate

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

Linda, I am so sorry. I hope that things torn out well. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Update, Kurt has stage 4 colon cancer with a mass outside and attached to the colon. He will be seeing an oncologist on Friday and colon surgeon and they will determine if he needs radiation and chemo prior to surgery or what their course of action will be. Lee had a dream last night that Kurt had cajcer and died. His prognosis is 3 - 5 years if they can remove what is there Everything hinges on the mass and whether it is cancerous and if so if it has spread and invaded other parts of his body. Thanks for all the prayers and of course this is killing Lee. We also learned that his oldest daughter has a pinched nerve in her neck and will require surgery. I don't have time to worry about myself but they have done a lot of bloodwork testing my putuitary once again and now I am having toms of liver tests. Linda

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Linda, I am so sorry you have to go through all of this pain at once....I know it must be very hard for you...I know this won't make you feel better but there is hope...but both my dad and dog were diagnosed with cancer....both of them are doing fine now....my dad had the seeds put in....he had prostate cancer less than a year ago...for now it is all gone... so there is hope.. and my baby (dog) was infested with cancer...she had a late life spay and when they removed her stuff they found the cancer...when they cut her they let it all out....she was dying and I could smell it...you could smell the infection because her body was fighting the cancer so the cut they made to neuter her would not heal...I dont know what the vet did....but its been almost a year now with no sign of it coming back and she acts like a puppy.... My thoughts are with you.

Michele

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts his way.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Once again thanks for all the good wishes. Lee is still in the hospital. He had three bacteria in his kidney and one of them is resistant to most antibiotics. They have finally found one that works but the doctor needs to find an oral one so he can come home. Lee also has two fractured ribs and we are waiting to see if he has a partially collapsed lung due to shallow breathing or if he has an issue in one of the lower lobes. I love that man so much.

I also spent four days in the hospital last week and am still experiencing pain and tiredness, but I am back to work and trying to handle everything. I love you guys so much and you are helping to keep me going just by posting on the forum and giving me pretty things to look at and interesting things to read. Thank You very much, Linda

• cindeea
    16 years ago

God bless you Linda and I am keeping you both in my prayers every day!

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lee finally has gotten wqell enough from the infection to be transferred to a rehab center to assist him with improving his muscle strengfh so that he can take care of himself once again when he returns home. He will be able to transfer from one location to another without falling so much and breaking additional bones, etc. He is in a good place and will be there for 2 - 4 weeks which now gives me some time to work in my garden and get some things taken care of around the house. Thanks for eberything you do for me. Linda