Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bruggirl100

To all our friends in the panhandle

bruggirl100
18 years ago

We are all praying for you. Three major hurricanes in less than a year is just too much to fathom! I am praying for Katrina to turn just a little and miss you.

Hang in there, we'll be there to clean up and help out if the worst happens.

Comments (8)

• beachcat
    18 years ago

Bruggirl100,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Someone must have been listening, as Katrina seems to be heading west to New Orleans. Serious bummer! I am in Panama City Beach, and we will still have to contend with erosion wherever this gal decides to make landfall. Let's pray for this storm to make a U-turn back into the gulf!

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Don't think that's gonna happen. I'm devastated about New Orleans! My son went to college there, and it's one of my favorite cities in the world. I've been crying this morning, thinking of it being gone. Do you realize that all of these hurricanes have happened in 13 months? It used to be rare to even have a category 3, but now their saying that Charley was a 5 by the time it hit, so we've had two 5's, a 4, a 3, a few 2's, a 1, and a couple of tropical storms (I lose track) in a little over a year. It's unbelievable!

• wing560
    18 years ago

I have friends in New Orleans who have evacuated now. I am praying for the safety of all the people in harm's way over the next few days. This is scary and it is not going to be pretty. I don't want anyone to be stuck with this storm!

Peace,

Cheryl

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

They're saying it's so large that it will still be tropical storm strength in the panhandle. So still, everyone batten down.

• Seavee
    18 years ago

New Orleans was my home when I was searching for myself (to use the cliché). I stayed for many years and would never have left if my grandmother hadnÂt gotten sick and my grandpaw needed me. I think about it every single day. I went to college there and to graduate school. I always thought I would move to one of the nice little bayou towns south of the city and live the rest of my life there teaching, growing plants and probably adopting a couple of dozen cats. That is my goal in life. I want to be the crazy lady in the weird house with all the cats.

The idea of seeing it devastated by a hurricane has had me in a funk of depression all day. I guess all we can do now is just hope itÂs not as bad as they say.

• roblkey
    18 years ago

Our power went out in Pensacola from Katrina. It shut off at 2:00am & just came back on. Now we have thunderstorms.

Robin

• Irma_StPete
    18 years ago

There's an article in today's New York Times by a New Orleans woman who had almost completed the 16-year restoration of her historic house in a now-flooded neighborhood. She has a lot of positive things to say about the community spirit in her neighborhood and the many times the people of New Orleans have rebuilt out of ruins.

• Irma_StPete
    18 years ago

Well, it is just a tremendous disaster there this week... what were those governments doing all those years when they squeeked through earlier hurricanes ... all that petro-chemical industry activity and its remains...a toxic disaster waiting to happen...

Floridians: the lesson...we MUST look after our industrial pollutions and wastes here!

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!