Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

My stepson Kurt

scents_from_heaven
16 years ago

Kurt learned that his cancer began in his appendix and spread to his colon, liver and to five golf ball size masses in his abdominal cavity. The doctors removed as much of the cancer as they could and Kurt has made the decision to seek alternative treatment rather than undergo chemo and radiation. His prognosis with chemo is one to two years. Without the chemo six months or so. He is placing his faith in God and in herbal treatments. Please. keep him in your prayers and especially his father, Lee as this is hitting him really hard. I am not faulting Kurt for his treatment decision because it comes down to quailty of life or prolonging life a few extra months. I know God can work miracles because he already has with Lee and myself, but I also know that God dometimes allows the laws of nature to take place and it is how we handle a situation to God's glory that makes a difference. Kurt is looking at this as the most wonderful opportunity to walk closely with God. Thank you for rememvering both Kurt and his father. Lida

Comments (13)

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

(((((((BIG HUG)))))))
    Kristi

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Sorry Linda, I really DO know your name! (((((hugs)))))

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Thoughts and prayers Linda. Stay strong for Lee he's gonna need you.

Marion

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    16 years ago

I will add you to my prayer list. Bless you all. Had you thaught about the Cancer centers. I see their announcements all the time, it seems like an alternative way to go.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

He is staying with friends at an aletnative medicine place called Happy Farms and is ready to enjoy his closer walk with God. He has faith that God will heal him. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. Lee still has not regained a lot of strength but he is feeling better. Nurses said it was the infection that was causing him to have hallucinations and preventing him from regaining his strength. Hopefully now he will continue along the road to recovery. Linda

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Linda,
    I too will pray for Kurt's healing and strength and for the rest of the family for it must be overwhelming for the whole Family.

God bless you all,
    Felix

• julieyankfan
    16 years ago

Linda, my husband's family is loaded with cancer on both sides. Some have tried the chemo & radiation, some have not and there were mixed results with both. So, who knows what is the right thing to do. Kurt has to go with his gut and do what he thinks is best. I personally think it's a crap shoot either way.

Good luck to him and God Bless you all.

Julie

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Linda,

I am sorry to hear about Kurt's prognosis. You all are in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Carmen

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

((((Linda)))) Sorry to hear about Kurt. Bless his heart for taking an alternative route for his health. He may be healed, he may not if that is God's will. In my humble opinion he will feel better and more at peace going the route he has chosen than by being poisoned and in pain going with chemo. Hugs and prayers for Kurt, you and Lee.

FlowerLady

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Spoke with Kurt this morning and it appears the cancer has reached his stomach. I honestly think he has less tham a uear to live and it really hit Lee this morning that his son may die soon.

As for Lee, the reason I did not make Cindee's swap is because Lee fell on his left knee and hurt his previously hurt leg. It does not appear that he broke anything, nut her tore a muscle aloose that attaches to his hip and he is losing bone mass. His bones are growing smaller and are becoming demineralized. That is why he is in pain. Doctor said he can place weight on leg as tolerated and we will see if there is a fracture that is not appearing on readiography.

As for me, I am at breaking point and wonder how I can handle anything else, but I keep plugging along. It is partialy due to all you wonderful people here and your caring, loving and sharing attitudes. I wish to say thank you for all the great birthday wishes and a special thank you to the ones who shared some of their gardens with me for my birthday. You truly made me feel special and loved. *hugs* Linda

• buttterflyy
    16 years ago

Linda,
    I've sent you an email
    Linda in Lakeland

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Kurt, and also Lee's problems. Sending good thoughts to you.g
    Lynne

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Linda for the special email and I hope you received mine in return. Thanks for your well wishes, Lynne and for the good thoughts. Lee may also have cancer (multiple mylomas). They are running more test, but they would not do anything given his circumstances. Kurt is beginning to experience nausea and is growing sick off and on. I always suspected the cancer was also in his stomach. Both of them are in God's hands and seem to be at peace with whatever happens. I am the tired one and wearing out because of all the stress and responsibilities. I am in constant contact with God and he is bringing a degree of peace to my soul. Linda